administrator password?

=?Utf-8?B?bGF3bnpheQ==?=

administrator password?
I upgraded to Windows Vista by accident, and now my printer doesn't work with
anything higher than Windows XP. I need the administrator password to get
back on regular windows.. what is it and where can i find it?
Bruce Chambers

Re: administrator password?
"lawnzay" <lawnzay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I upgraded to Windows Vista by accident, and now my printer doesn't work
>with
> anything higher than Windows XP. I need the administrator password to get
> back on regular windows.. what is it and where can i find it?

I have to ask: How does one perform an operating system upgrade
"accidentally?" There are too many deliberate steps required, starting with
deliberately inserting the Vista Upgrade installation DVD into the DVD
drive.

Anyway, there are no supported downgrade methods, so finding the
Administrator password -- which will not have been changed unless you
intentionally did so -- won't help . To regress from Vista to WinXP, you'll
need to format the hard drive and perform a cleaning installation of WinXP.

After backing up any data you wish to transfer to the new OS
installation,, simply boot from the WinXP Home installation CD. You'll be
offered the opportunity to delete, create, and format partitions as part of
the installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the order of boot

HOW TO Install Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default...B;en-us;316941

Then the backed up data can be restored and applications re-installed.

--
Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin

Rick Rogers

Re: administrator password?
Hi,

Accidentally? Please explain. Pretty hard to do all those steps by accident.

There is no administrator password unless you set one. If you upgraded XP
and the administrator account there had a password, then it would not have
changed.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"lawnzay" <lawnzay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I upgraded to Windows Vista by accident, and now my printer doesn't work
>with
> anything higher than Windows XP. I need the administrator password to get
> back on regular windows.. what is it and where can i find it?

Peter Foldes

Re: administrator password?
I would also very much like to know how did you manage to load Vista accidentally. Very curious

--
Peter

"lawnzay" <lawnzay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DC63FA4-FAB9-444B-9FB0-DF4EAE76E04B@microsoft.com...
>I upgraded to Windows Vista by accident, and now my printer doesn't work with
> anything higher than Windows XP. I need the administrator password to get
> back on regular windows.. what is it and where can i find it?

=?Utf-8?B?U21pdGh5?=

Re: administrator password?
He may have wanted to perform a clean install of windows Vista but clicked
upgrade by accident.