Installed Vista and Now My Graphics are Bad

ruairimurphy

Installed Vista and Now My Graphics are Bad

Hi,

Forgive me first of all as I know very little about vista.

I installed vista on my PC and now the graphics are completely bad.
The colours are all strange, the resolution is very big etc.. it seems
like I might need to have installed something else?

--
ruairimurphy
Microsoft

Re: Installed Vista and Now My Graphics are Bad
ruairimurphy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Forgive me first of all as I know very little about vista.
>
> I installed vista on my PC and now the graphics are completely bad.
> The colours are all strange, the resolution is very big etc.. it seems
> like I might need to have installed something else?

Yes! you are quite right... you need to install the drivers for your
graphic device. Usually it is enough to run the windows update and Vista
will detect and install the appropriate drivers. If not go to the
website of your graphic device manufacturer and download and install the
latest Vista drivers.
Steve McGarrett

Re: Installed Vista and Now My Graphics are Bad
On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 16:38:01 +0100, ruairimurphy
<ruairimurphy.438fb90@vistabanter.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Forgive me first of all as I know very little about vista.
>
>I installed vista on my PC and now the graphics are completely bad.
>The colours are all strange, the resolution is very big etc.. it seems
>like I might need to have installed something else?

Uh, yeah. Like Vista drivers for your video/graphics card.

Find them at your computer mfr's website.
Dustin Harper

Re: Installed Vista and Now My Graphics are Bad
You can try downloading the video drivers for your video card.

NVIDIA: http://www.nvidia.com
ATI: http://ati.amd.com

If it is another brand, you can just go to the manufacturers site and
download them from there.

That should fix any issues you are having.

--

Dustin Harper
http://www.mstechpages.com

"ruairimurphy" <ruairimurphy.438fb90@vistabanter.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> Forgive me first of all as I know very little about vista.
>
> I installed vista on my PC and now the graphics are completely bad.
> The colours are all strange, the resolution is very big etc.. it seems
> like I might need to have installed something else?
>

> --
> ruairimurphy

Patrick Keenan

Re: Installed Vista and Now My Graphics are Bad
"ruairimurphy" <ruairimurphy.438fb90@vistabanter.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> Forgive me first of all as I know very little about vista.
>
> I installed vista on my PC and now the graphics are completely bad.
> The colours are all strange, the resolution is very big etc.. it seems
> like I might need to have installed something else?

Yes, and that something else would be the motherboard/chipset and video
drivers.

Your PC should have come with a CD of drivers, or you can look at the
manufacturer's site. If there are no Vista drivers, you can't really run
Vista successfully.

HTH
-pk