MS Money Cannot Install Autorun.inf Missing or Corrupt

jrinkenb

MS Money Cannot Install Autorun.inf Missing or Corrupt
Hello! I recently downloaded a trial version of MS Money Deluxe and can't
install; I get a window that pops up saying "autorun.inf missing or corrupt".
I'd like to try and buy but can't even do the former. Will someone please
help?
Dustin Harper

Re: MS Money Cannot Install Autorun.inf Missing or Corrupt
It sounds like the download may be corrupt. Try redownloading it and trying
again. You might also check to see if there is a Setup.exe file in there
that you can run directly.

--

Dustin Harper
http://www.mstechpages.com

"jrinkenb" <jrinkenb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello! I recently downloaded a trial version of MS Money Deluxe and can't
> install; I get a window that pops up saying "autorun.inf missing or
> corrupt".
> I'd like to try and buy but can't even do the former. Will someone please
> help?

jrinkenb

Re: MS Money Cannot Install Autorun.inf Missing or Corrupt
Thanks for the suggestion! I downloaded it several times with the same
result. I also tried running the Setup directly. Then I downloaded it,
expanded the files onto a CD, then tried installing from the CD. Same result
every time. It's very odd.

- Jon

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> It sounds like the download may be corrupt. Try redownloading it and trying
> again. You might also check to see if there is a Setup.exe file in there
> that you can run directly.
>
> --
>
> Dustin Harper
> http://www.mstechpages.com
> dharper@mstechpages.com
>

> "jrinkenb" <jrinkenb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello! I recently downloaded a trial version of MS Money Deluxe and can't
> > install; I get a window that pops up saying "autorun.inf missing or
> > corrupt".
> > I'd like to try and buy but can't even do the former. Will someone please
> > help?

Microsoft

jrinkenb wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion! I downloaded it several times with the same
> result. I also tried running the Setup directly. Then I downloaded it,
> expanded the files onto a CD, then tried installing from the CD. Same result
> every time. It's very odd.
>
> - Jon
>

> "Dustin Harper" wrote:
>
>> It sounds like the download may be corrupt. Try redownloading it and trying
>> again. You might also check to see if there is a Setup.exe file in there
>> that you can run directly.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Dustin Harper
>> http://www.mstechpages.com
>> dharper@mstechpages.com
>>

>> "jrinkenb" <jrinkenb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello! I recently downloaded a trial version of MS Money Deluxe and can't
>>> install; I get a window that pops up saying "autorun.inf missing or
>>> corrupt".
>>> I'd like to try and buy but can't even do the former. Will someone please
>>> help?

I'm quite sure the file on the download location is corrupt. I would
rather consult or send an email to the support (if any) of that web site
than attempt to make changes in the system you are using. It is not
impossible to have corrupted files on download sites.
jrinkenb

Re: MS Money Cannot Install Autorun.inf Missing or Corrupt
Thanks very much! I will notify MS Money webmaster and see what happens.

- Jon

"Microsoft" wrote:

> jrinkenb wrote:
> > Thanks for the suggestion! I downloaded it several times with the same
> > result. I also tried running the Setup directly. Then I downloaded it,
> > expanded the files onto a CD, then tried installing from the CD. Same result
> > every time. It's very odd.
> >
> > - Jon
> >

> > "Dustin Harper" wrote:
> >
> >> It sounds like the download may be corrupt. Try redownloading it and trying
> >> again. You might also check to see if there is a Setup.exe file in there
> >> that you can run directly.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Dustin Harper
> >> http://www.mstechpages.com
> >> dharper@mstechpages.com
> >>

> >> "jrinkenb" <jrinkenb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>

> I'm quite sure the file on the download location is corrupt. I would
> rather consult or send an email to the support (if any) of that web site
> than attempt to make changes in the system you are using. It is not
> impossible to have corrupted files on download sites.

naturalstyles is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: MS Money Cannot Install Autorun.inf Missing or Corrupt
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrinkenb View Post

"Microsoft" wrote:

> jrinkenb wrote:
> > Thanks for the suggestion! I downloaded it several times with the same
> > result. I also tried running the Setup directly. Then I downloaded it,
> > expanded the files onto a CD, then tried installing from the CD. Same result
> > every time. It's very odd.
> >
> > - Jon
> >

> > "Dustin Harper" wrote:
> >
> >> It sounds like the download may be corrupt. Try redownloading it and trying
> >> again. You might also check to see if there is a Setup.exe file in there
> >> that you can run directly.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Dustin Harper
> >> MSTechPages
> >> dharper@mstechpages.com
> >>

> >> "jrinkenb" <jrinkenb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>

> I'm quite sure the file on the download location is corrupt. I would
> rather consult or send an email to the support (if any) of that web site
> than attempt to make changes in the system you are using. It is not
> impossible to have corrupted files on download sites.

Hello. I am having the same problem but I have a disc that I purchased. It will install on Vista without any problems, but cannot get it to run on Windows 7. Tried compatibility settings, but same results. Cannot install on Windows 7. Seems odd because it is a microsoft product, and I basically use it for my checking account. I am using Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe. I don't update bank information with it, but it is a great checkbook and financial software.

I even tried installing in safe mode, with same error.

Wondering if anyone has found a solution yet. I have Vista and hate it, and want to go with Windows 7, but cannot get the program to install.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks