Sound in only one application

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgS2lyaw==?=

Sound in only one application
Just received a new Dell XPS410 with Vista Ultimate pre-installed, sound card
driver is up to date. I have sound only in the quick cam application for my
Logitech Quick Cam Pro web cam and no system sounds or sound in iTunes,
testing system sounds, media player, media center, etc. At one point I DID
have system sounds but I don't now; I don't remember if this loss of sound
followed installation of the Quick Cam softwae but as best as my memory
serves, sound WAS working with this application instaoled. (I will go
uninstall and see w hat happens.) Nothing is mutued, unplugged, etc. Sound
card is Creative SB X-FI. Help?
David Kirk
John Barnes

Re: Sound in only one application
Your best bet would be a system restore to the point where the sound was
working.

"David Kirk" <DavidKirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just received a new Dell XPS410 with Vista Ultimate pre-installed, sound
> card
> driver is up to date. I have sound only in the quick cam application for
> my
> Logitech Quick Cam Pro web cam and no system sounds or sound in iTunes,
> testing system sounds, media player, media center, etc. At one point I
> DID
> have system sounds but I don't now; I don't remember if this loss of sound
> followed installation of the Quick Cam softwae but as best as my memory
> serves, sound WAS working with this application instaoled. (I will go
> uninstall and see w hat happens.) Nothing is mutued, unplugged, etc.
> Sound
> card is Creative SB X-FI. Help?
> David Kirk

Richard Urban

Re: Sound in only one application
Using Control Panel, go to the sound section (manage audio device) and make
sure the correct sound device is selected. I have three options on my
computer. I have worked on others that have 4-5.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User