CCleaner don't run at startup?

Huib

CCleaner don't run at startup?
Hi,
I decide to run a reduced CCleaner during startup.
The related option is set and in msconfig is it also marked.

But after startup i receive a message from SW Explorer (a part of Windows
Defender) that the related SW is blocked.

I can manual perform the action.

Why is not started immediately although all users has full acces to it.

Who can help?

Regards
Huib

...winston

Re: CCleaner don't run at startup?
Other parts aren't effective either..cleaning history, deletion of certain
files, minor functionality issues..but its free and as expected gradually
being updated but will take time. Imo...at this time Vista might be better
maintained without a 3rd party cleaning tool.
..winston

"Huib" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I decide to run a reduced CCleaner during startup.
> The related option is set and in msconfig is it also marked.
>
> But after startup i receive a message from SW Explorer (a part of Windows
> Defender) that the related SW is blocked.
>
> I can manual perform the action.
>
> Why is not started immediately although all users has full acces to it.
>
> Who can help?
>
> Regards
> Huib

Huib

Re: CCleaner don't run at startup?
Thanks for your interest,
But this is not a hint to my question.

Regards
Huib

"...winston" <merlin@druid9#.com> schreef in bericht
> Other parts aren't effective either..cleaning history, deletion of certain
> files, minor functionality issues..but its free and as expected gradually
> being updated but will take time. Imo...at this time Vista might be
> better maintained without a 3rd party cleaning tool.
> ..winston
>
> "Huib" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I decide to run a reduced CCleaner during startup.
>> The related option is set and in msconfig is it also marked.
>>
>> But after startup i receive a message from SW Explorer (a part of Windows
>> Defender) that the related SW is blocked.
>>
>> I can manual perform the action.
>>
>> Why is not started immediately although all users has full acces to it.
>>
>> Who can help?
>>
>> Regards
>> Huib

mikeyhsd

Re: CCleaner don't run at startup?
could be because CCleaner requires administrative access.
did when I ran it.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"Huib" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23XAlU6zfHHA.596@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
Hi,
I decide to run a reduced CCleaner during startup.
The related option is set and in msconfig is it also marked.

But after startup i receive a message from SW Explorer (a part of Windows
Defender) that the related SW is blocked.

I can manual perform the action.

Why is not started immediately although all users has full acces to it.

Who can help?

Regards
Huib

Richard Urban

Re: CCleaner don't run at startup?
CCleaner web site has a Help and Support section and they have their own
forums.

Why are you asking here?

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"Huib" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I decide to run a reduced CCleaner during startup.
> The related option is set and in msconfig is it also marked.
>
> But after startup i receive a message from SW Explorer (a part of Windows
> Defender) that the related SW is blocked.
>
> I can manual perform the action.
>
> Why is not started immediately although all users has full acces to it.
>
> Who can help?
>
> Regards
> Huib

Daze N. Knights

Re: CCleaner don't run at startup?
I've posted to the Ccleaner forum about this startup problem and seen
two new updates of the app come out since without a fix. All the OP can
do is wait for Ccleaner to be made fully ready for Vista. They know
about this issue and just haven't fixed it.

Daze
--------

Richard Urban wrote:
> CCleaner web site has a Help and Support section and they have their own
> forums.
>
> Why are you asking here?

...winston

Re: CCleaner don't run at startup?
This implicitly answered the question

> Thanks for your interest,
> But this is not a hint to my question.
>
> Regards
> Huib
>
> "...winston" <merlin@druid9#.com> schreef in bericht
>> Other parts aren't effective either..cleaning history, deletion of
>> certain files, minor functionality issues..but its free and as expected
>> gradually being updated but will take time. Imo...at this time Vista
>> might be better maintained without a 3rd party cleaning tool.
>> ..winston
>>
>> "Huib" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>> I decide to run a reduced CCleaner during startup.
>>> The related option is set and in msconfig is it also marked.
>>>
>>> But after startup i receive a message from SW Explorer (a part of
>>> Windows Defender) that the related SW is blocked.
>>>
>>> I can manual perform the action.
>>>
>>> Why is not started immediately although all users has full acces to it.
>>>
>>> Who can help?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Huib

Huib

Re: CCleaner don't run at startup?
Hallo
thanks for the information.
Not a hot issue but would be nice.
Indeed in the SW-explorer it is not mentioned "permitted" although it has
the same access as the other.
I got now the indication and will wate for the updates
thanks a lot

Huib
"Daze N. Knights" <Daze@Microdot.dot> schreef in bericht
> I've posted to the Ccleaner forum about this startup problem and seen two
> new updates of the app come out since without a fix. All the OP can do is
> wait for Ccleaner to be made fully ready for Vista. They know about this
> issue and just haven't fixed it.
>
> Daze
> --------
>
> Richard Urban wrote:
>> CCleaner web site has a Help and Support section and they have their own
>> forums.
>>
>> Why are you asking here?

Gerry Cornell

Re: CCleaner don't run at startup?
The Disk CleanUp in Vista is an improvement on the version in
Windows XP if that is any consolation.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry