80GB hard drive is too small for Vista Home Premium???

=?Utf-8?B?R3JlZw==?=

80GB hard drive is too small for Vista Home Premium???
Ok, So about a day or 2 ago I upgraded my Windows Media Center Edition to
Windows Vista Home Premium on my Sony Vaio VGN-N130G and I followed the
readme and uninstalled all Anti-Virus and all the software that was mentioned
that was not compatible with Vista. Everything seemed to install fine. But I
would like to know why I have no space left on my HD. I have an 80GB (really
69GB) Hard drive that was only half used before I installed Vista. I looked
into my C:/User/myname/AppData/Local folder and its HUGE! its over half of my
total HD space its like 37 GB's! What is all of this junk??? Does anyone
know? I looked into the C:/User/myname/AppData/Local/Temp folder because it
was the largest folder inside the Local folder and it was contained with alot
of GLF**** (stars represent random numbers and letter) files and folders and
there filled with applications that dont run. I would like to delete it
because I only have about 200KB left on my hard drive! Please help. And if
anyone has a sony vaio when you install the new Vaio Apps after the vista
Upgrade why does the "VaioApp Setup" Auto run on every reboot and install all
the random things untill I have no space left?

Thank you, Greg.
...winston

Re: 80GB hard drive is too small for Vista Home Premium???
Run the Disk Cleanup Tool(Programs/Accessories/System Tools)
Ensure Backup and Configuration Tool is Off.
Turn off System Restore, turn back on, then monitor size(personally, I
prefer to leave it off and use an image program Acronis True Image 10).

Sorry, can't help with the Vaio apps, Micron's here.

...winston

"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok, So about a day or 2 ago I upgraded my Windows Media Center Edition to
> Windows Vista Home Premium on my Sony Vaio VGN-N130G and I followed the
> readme and uninstalled all Anti-Virus and all the software that was
> mentioned
> that was not compatible with Vista. Everything seemed to install fine. But
> would like to know why I have no space left on my HD. I have an 80GB
> (really
> 69GB) Hard drive that was only half used before I installed Vista. I
> looked
> into my C:/User/myname/AppData/Local folder and its HUGE! its over half of
> my
> total HD space its like 37 GB's! What is all of this junk??? Does anyone
> know? I looked into the C:/User/myname/AppData/Local/Temp folder because
> it
> was the largest folder inside the Local folder and it was contained with
> alot
> of GLF**** (stars represent random numbers and letter) files and folders
> and
> there filled with applications that dont run. I would like to delete it
> because I only have about 200KB left on my hard drive! Please help. And if
> anyone has a sony vaio when you install the new Vaio Apps after the vista
> Upgrade why does the "VaioApp Setup" Auto run on every reboot and install
> all
> the random things untill I have no space left?
>
> Thank you, Greg.

Hugh Jass

Re: 80GB hard drive is too small for Vista Home Premium???
Look for a directory called "Windows.old" that is basically everything you
had on your drive previous to the upgrade. Ensure you take off what you
need, then delete the directory. That should recover alot of drive space.

"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok, So about a day or 2 ago I upgraded my Windows Media Center Edition to
> Windows Vista Home Premium on my Sony Vaio VGN-N130G and I followed the
> readme and uninstalled all Anti-Virus and all the software that was
> mentioned
> that was not compatible with Vista. Everything seemed to install fine. But
> would like to know why I have no space left on my HD. I have an 80GB
> (really
> 69GB) Hard drive that was only half used before I installed Vista. I
> looked
> into my C:/User/myname/AppData/Local folder and its HUGE! its over half of
> my
> total HD space its like 37 GB's! What is all of this junk??? Does anyone
> know? I looked into the C:/User/myname/AppData/Local/Temp folder because
> it
> was the largest folder inside the Local folder and it was contained with
> alot
> of GLF**** (stars represent random numbers and letter) files and folders
> and
> there filled with applications that dont run. I would like to delete it
> because I only have about 200KB left on my hard drive! Please help. And if
> anyone has a sony vaio when you install the new Vaio Apps after the vista
> Upgrade why does the "VaioApp Setup" Auto run on every reboot and install
> all
> the random things untill I have no space left?
>
> Thank you, Greg.

Michael

Re: 80GB hard drive is too small for Vista Home Premium???
Greg,

Simplest first try is to:
right click on the drive, select properties, on the general tab click Disk
Cleanup
Michael

"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok, So about a day or 2 ago I upgraded my Windows Media Center Edition to
> Windows Vista Home Premium on my Sony Vaio VGN-N130G and I followed the
> readme and uninstalled all Anti-Virus and all the software that was
> mentioned
> that was not compatible with Vista. Everything seemed to install fine. But
> would like to know why I have no space left on my HD. I have an 80GB
> (really
> 69GB) Hard drive that was only half used before I installed Vista. I
> looked
> into my C:/User/myname/AppData/Local folder and its HUGE! its over half of
> my
> total HD space its like 37 GB's! What is all of this junk??? Does anyone
> know? I looked into the C:/User/myname/AppData/Local/Temp folder because
> it
> was the largest folder inside the Local folder and it was contained with
> alot
> of GLF**** (stars represent random numbers and letter) files and folders
> and
> there filled with applications that dont run. I would like to delete it
> because I only have about 200KB left on my hard drive! Please help. And if
> anyone has a sony vaio when you install the new Vaio Apps after the vista
> Upgrade why does the "VaioApp Setup" Auto run on every reboot and install
> all
> the random things untill I have no space left?
>
> Thank you, Greg.

Weagle

RE: 80GB hard drive is too small for Vista Home Premium???
You MUST have 160 GB HDD and 2048 MB, that`s ALL !!
--
Thank you,
Hubert.

"Greg" wrote:

> Ok, So about a day or 2 ago I upgraded my Windows Media Center Edition to
> Windows Vista Home Premium on my Sony Vaio VGN-N130G and I followed the
> readme and uninstalled all Anti-Virus and all the software that was mentioned
> that was not compatible with Vista. Everything seemed to install fine. But I
> would like to know why I have no space left on my HD. I have an 80GB (really
> 69GB) Hard drive that was only half used before I installed Vista. I looked
> into my C:/User/myname/AppData/Local folder and its HUGE! its over half of my
> total HD space its like 37 GB's! What is all of this junk??? Does anyone
> know? I looked into the C:/User/myname/AppData/Local/Temp folder because it
> was the largest folder inside the Local folder and it was contained with alot
> of GLF**** (stars represent random numbers and letter) files and folders and
> there filled with applications that dont run. I would like to delete it
> because I only have about 200KB left on my hard drive! Please help. And if
> anyone has a sony vaio when you install the new Vaio Apps after the vista
> Upgrade why does the "VaioApp Setup" Auto run on every reboot and install all
> the random things untill I have no space left?
>
> Thank you, Greg.

Ken Blake

Weagle wrote:

> You MUST have 160 GB HDD and 2048 MB, that`s ALL !!

Both of those statements are simply nonsense.

Please reply to the newsgroup

>> Ok, So about a day or 2 ago I upgraded my Windows Media Center
>> Edition to Windows Vista Home Premium on my Sony Vaio VGN-N130G and
>> I followed the readme and uninstalled all Anti-Virus and all the
>> software that was mentioned that was not compatible with Vista.
>> Everything seemed to install fine. But I would like to know why I
>> have no space left on my HD. I have an 80GB (really 69GB) Hard drive
>> that was only half used before I installed Vista. I looked into my
>> C:/User/myname/AppData/Local folder and its HUGE! its over half of
>> my total HD space its like 37 GB's! What is all of this junk??? Does
>> anyone know? I looked into the C:/User/myname/AppData/Local/Temp
>> folder because it was the largest folder inside the Local folder and
>> it was contained with alot of GLF**** (stars represent random
>> numbers and letter) files and folders and there filled with
>> applications that dont run. I would like to delete it because I only
>> have about 200KB left on my hard drive! Please help. And if anyone
>> has a sony vaio when you install the new Vaio Apps after the vista
>> Upgrade why does the "VaioApp Setup" Auto run on every reboot and
>> install all the random things untill I have no space left?
>>
>> Thank you, Greg.

JW

Re: 80GB hard drive is too small for Vista Home Premium???
I have Vista Home Premium installed on a 60GB partition with no trouble at
all in fact it has 30GB of unused space on it.
You need to have about 20GB available to install it and after it installs
you can delete the temp data and up with it using only about 15GB of space.

"Weagle" <huvo@home.nl> wrote in message
> You MUST have 160 GB HDD and 2048 MB, that`s ALL !!
> --
> Thank you,
> Hubert.
>

> "Greg" wrote:
>
>> Ok, So about a day or 2 ago I upgraded my Windows Media Center Edition to
>> Windows Vista Home Premium on my Sony Vaio VGN-N130G and I followed the
>> readme and uninstalled all Anti-Virus and all the software that was
>> mentioned
>> that was not compatible with Vista. Everything seemed to install fine.
>> But I
>> would like to know why I have no space left on my HD. I have an 80GB
>> (really
>> 69GB) Hard drive that was only half used before I installed Vista. I
>> looked
>> into my C:/User/myname/AppData/Local folder and its HUGE! its over half
>> of my
>> total HD space its like 37 GB's! What is all of this junk??? Does anyone
>> know? I looked into the C:/User/myname/AppData/Local/Temp folder because
>> it
>> was the largest folder inside the Local folder and it was contained with
>> alot
>> of GLF**** (stars represent random numbers and letter) files and folders
>> and
>> there filled with applications that dont run. I would like to delete it
>> because I only have about 200KB left on my hard drive! Please help. And
>> if
>> anyone has a sony vaio when you install the new Vaio Apps after the vista
>> Upgrade why does the "VaioApp Setup" Auto run on every reboot and install
>> all
>> the random things untill I have no space left?
>>
>> Thank you, Greg.

Gary G. Little

Re: 80GB hard drive is too small for Vista Home Premium???
Both Ken and JW are correct. My initial install was on a Precsion M70, with
only 1 Gig of RAM and 80 GB HDD. I upgraded to a 160GB HDD, not because of
Vista, but because Visual Studio 2005 and Orcas, my development directoreis
and things like the Windows Driver Kit had consumed over 50%.

Gary G. Little