gpedit.msc missing in Vista Home Premium

Steve T

gpedit.msc missing in Vista Home Premium
I did a fresh install of 32-bit Vista Home Premium. This time around for
whatever reason, there is no gpedit.msc. I searched the forums and
tutorials and didn't find what I'm looking for, I want to add locations to
the Save In Sidebar. I did this on my last image just fine. I looked for
the registry entry based on a link I found in a forum which goes to Ramesh's
site. I was unable to match up my key/strings with what he was showing.
Please advise and thank you.

Steve

Steve T

Re: gpedit.msc missing in Vista Home Premium
Never mind. I didn't see option 3. Please forgive the wasted post.

"Steve T" <steviegt@live.com> wrote in message
> I did a fresh install of 32-bit Vista Home Premium. This time around for
> whatever reason, there is no gpedit.msc. I searched the forums and
> tutorials and didn't find what I'm looking for, I want to add locations
> to the Save In Sidebar. I did this on my last image just fine. I looked
> for the registry entry based on a link I found in a forum which goes to
> Ramesh's site. I was unable to match up my key/strings with what he was
> showing. Please advise and thank you.
>
> Steve

Steve T

Re: gpedit.msc missing in Vista Home Premium
Well excuse me one more time. I tried option 3 and I still don't have it.
So, please help.

"Steve T" <steviegt@live.com> wrote in message
> I did a fresh install of 32-bit Vista Home Premium. This time around for
> whatever reason, there is no gpedit.msc. I searched the forums and
> tutorials and didn't find what I'm looking for, I want to add locations
> to the Save In Sidebar. I did this on my last image just fine. I looked
> for the registry entry based on a link I found in a forum which goes to
> Ramesh's site. I was unable to match up my key/strings with what he was
> showing. Please advise and thank you.
>
> Steve

Michael Walraven

Re: gpedit.msc missing in Vista Home Premium
Steve,
gpedit.msc is not part of standard installation of Vista Home Premium.

Michael

"Steve T" <steviegt@live.com> wrote in message
> I did a fresh install of 32-bit Vista Home Premium. This time around for
> whatever reason, there is no gpedit.msc. I searched the forums and
> tutorials and didn't find what I'm looking for, I want to add locations
> to the Save In Sidebar. I did this on my last image just fine. I looked
> for the registry entry based on a link I found in a forum which goes to
> Ramesh's site. I was unable to match up my key/strings with what he was
> showing. Please advise and thank you.
>
> Steve

Leroy

Re: gpedit.msc missing in Vista Home Premium
Gpedit is not included with Vista Home Premium. It's only available in
Vista Business, Ultimate and Enterprise editions.

Steve T wrote:
> I did a fresh install of 32-bit Vista Home Premium. This time around
> for whatever reason, there is no gpedit.msc. I searched the forums and
> tutorials and didn't find what I'm looking for, I want to add locations
> to the Save In Sidebar. I did this on my last image just fine. I
> looked for the registry entry based on a link I found in a forum which
> goes to Ramesh's site. I was unable to match up my key/strings with
> what he was showing. Please advise and thank you.
>
> Steve

Steve T

Re: gpedit.msc missing in Vista Home Premium
You know I read that somewhere else. Yet, my previous install of Home
Premium, which I did myself with the same disc, had it. I also used it to
add a folder in the Save In window where it stayed until I reinstalled. I
even saved the instructions I got from Maximum PC so I'd have a future
reference.

"Leroy" <leroy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Gpedit is not included with Vista Home Premium. It's only available in
> Vista Business, Ultimate and Enterprise editions.
>
> Steve T wrote:
>> I did a fresh install of 32-bit Vista Home Premium. This time around for
>> whatever reason, there is no gpedit.msc. I searched the forums and
>> tutorials and didn't find what I'm looking for, I want to add locations
>> to the Save In Sidebar. I did this on my last image just fine. I looked
>> for the registry entry based on a link I found in a forum which goes to
>> Ramesh's site. I was unable to match up my key/strings with what he was
>> showing. Please advise and thank you.
>>
>> Steve

Chad Harris

> You know I read that somewhere else. Yet, my previous install of Home
> Premium, which I did myself with the same disc, had it. I also used it to
> add a folder in the Save In window where it stayed until I reinstalled. I
> even saved the instructions I got from Maximum PC so I'd have a future
> reference.
>
> "Leroy" <leroy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Gpedit is not included with Vista Home Premium. It's only available in
>> Vista Business, Ultimate and Enterprise editions.
>>
>> Steve T wrote:
>>> I did a fresh install of 32-bit Vista Home Premium. This time around
>>> for whatever reason, there is no gpedit.msc. I searched the forums and
>>> tutorials and didn't find what I'm looking for, I want to add locations
>>> to the Save In Sidebar. I did this on my last image just fine. I
>>> looked for the registry entry based on a link I found in a forum which
>>> goes to Ramesh's site. I was unable to match up my key/strings with
>>> what he was showing. Please advise and thank you.
>>>
>>> Steve

Hi Steve--

Could you possibly get it done via this method? I know it references XP,
but as we all know there are many similarities between XP Home and Vista
Home / or Premium so you might give it a shot and please let me know.

Windows XP Home Edition: gpedit.msc (group policy) editing via registry

http://bogdan.org.ua/2007/11/15/wind...-registry.html

Good luck,

CH

Steve T

Re: gpedit.msc missing in Vista Home Premium
I need current Vista copies of these files. Can anyone provide them? Newer
than 5.x.

fde.dll
fdeploy.dll
gpedit.dll

"Chad Harris" <win7@yes_she_can.net> wrote in message

> "Steve T" <steviegt@live.com> wrote in message
>> You know I read that somewhere else. Yet, my previous install of Home
>> Premium, which I did myself with the same disc, had it. I also used it
>> to add a folder in the Save In window where it stayed until I
>> reinstalled. I even saved the instructions I got from Maximum PC so I'd
>> have a future reference.
>>
>> "Leroy" <leroy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>> Gpedit is not included with Vista Home Premium. It's only available in
>>> Vista Business, Ultimate and Enterprise editions.

> Hi Steve--
>
> Could you possibly get it done via this method? I know it references XP,
> but as we all know there are many similarities between XP Home and Vista
> Home / or Premium so you might give it a shot and please let me know.
>
> Windows XP Home Edition: gpedit.msc (group policy) editing via registry
>
> http://bogdan.org.ua/2007/11/15/wind...-registry.html
>
> Good luck,
>
> CH

Steve T

Re: gpedit.msc missing in Vista Home Premium
I searched my c: drive and found almost all of the needed files. They are
there just in different locations. (ex in the winsx dir) Why can't this be
used in this version? And I am serious and by no means "mistaken", I used
this on my previous install. I did nothing to make it work other than type
the command. This just doesn't make any sense.

You can't delete, change, or overwrite any of these files so another copy
wouldn't work anyhow.

Thanks for being creative. I appreciate it.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

> I need current Vista copies of these files. Can anyone provide them?
> Newer than 5.x.
>
> fde.dll
> fdeploy.dll
> gpedit.dll
>

> "Chad Harris" <win7@yes_she_can.net> wrote in message
>>

>> "Steve T" <steviegt@live.com> wrote in message
>>> You know I read that somewhere else. Yet, my previous install of Home
>>> Premium, which I did myself with the same disc, had it. I also used it
>>> to add a folder in the Save In window where it stayed until I
>>> reinstalled. I even saved the instructions I got from Maximum PC so I'd
>>> have a future reference.
>>>
>>> "Leroy" <leroy@earthlink.net> wrote in message

>> Hi Steve--
>>
>> Could you possibly get it done via this method? I know it references XP,
>> but as we all know there are many similarities between XP Home and Vista
>> Home / or Premium so you might give it a shot and please let me know.
>>
>> Windows XP Home Edition: gpedit.msc (group policy) editing via registry
>>
>> http://bogdan.org.ua/2007/11/15/wind...-registry.html
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> CH

Manny Weisbord

Re: gpedit.msc missing in Vista Home Premium
"Steve T" <steviegt@live.com> wrote:

>I need current Vista copies of these files. Can anyone provide them? Newer
>than 5.x.
>
>fde.dll
>fdeploy.dll
>gpedit.dll

You're a moron to ask such a thing. What is to keep someone from
renaming files and sending you something that will harm your system?