installing word to vista

=?Utf-8?B?Q0xC?=

installing word to vista
i am buying a new computer that comes with a trial of MS Word, but to buy
Word alone, it costs $150 i was wondering if i could install Word 2002 when
the trial runs out and if it would work properly on Vista
Joe Guidera

Re: installing word to vista
Word, yes I believe so. I would un-install the trial before installing an
older version of Office.

Joe

"CLB" <CLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i am buying a new computer that comes with a trial of MS Word, but to buy
> Word alone, it costs $150 i was wondering if i could install Word 2002
> when
> the trial runs out and if it would work properly on Vista

Chad Harris

Re: installing word to vista
Vista will certainly support Word 2002 or Office XP and many have installed
Office 2000 onto Vista.

If you do consider moving to 2007, I'd recommend one of the cheaper editions
of Office 2007 rather than any stand alone because you get considerably more
bang for your buck. Check prices at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...4511033.aspx#1 and you can
try Office 2007 free full functionality for 60 days as well at
http://office.microsoft.com/

There are some special considerations for Outlook 2002 in Office XP or
standalone on Vista.

Outlook 2002 works fine, but email account passwords are not saved. This is
because Outlook stores passwords in protected storage interface and Vista
does not support it.

Outlook 2000 in Internet only mode (IMO) loads but the address book does not
work - it needs the Windows Address Book files (wab.dll), which is not found
in Vista. Corporate mode seems to work fine in my limited tests, once you
get past the Outlook Start Up screen and verify it should be the default
mail client. (This dialog comes up every time I restart Outlook.) Either
switch to Corporate mode or upgrade to Outlook 2007. Vista's Mail and
Calendar applications are viable alternatives to Outlook for many home
users.

Outlook 98 will not work correctly due to the missing wab.dll. for the
people who need to use the address book and are using it.

Good luck,

CH

"CLB" <CLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i am buying a new computer that comes with a trial of MS Word, but to buy
> Word alone, it costs $150 i was wondering if i could install Word 2002
> when
> the trial runs out and if it would work properly on Vista

Peter Foldes

Re: installing word to vista
Yes. No problem to install Word 2002. Make sure you do remove the Trial Edition first that is installed at present.

Further info on Office products and their installation and issues should be posted to the Office newsgroups which are available on this same server

--
Peter

"CLB" <CLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:194F546A-EBE8-4724-94BC-70034AF56B6D@microsoft.com...
>i am buying a new computer that comes with a trial of MS Word, but to buy
> Word alone, it costs $150 i was wondering if i could install Word 2002 when
> the trial runs out and if it would work properly on Vista

Conor

Re: installing word to vista
In article <194F546A-EBE8-4724-94BC-70034AF56B6D@microsoft.com>, CLB
says...
> i am buying a new computer that comes with a trial of MS Word, but to buy
> Word alone, it costs $150 i was wondering if i could install Word 2002 when
> the trial runs out and if it would work properly on Vista

You could install OpenOffice which is MS Office compatible and free.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
John Barnes

Re: installing word to vista
You can install Word 2002 and as mentioned uninstall the trial first, but
you could get Word 2007 upgrade for around $90 if you like the newer
version.

"CLB" <CLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i am buying a new computer that comes with a trial of MS Word, but to buy
> Word alone, it costs $150 i was wondering if i could install Word 2002
> when
> the trial runs out and if it would work properly on Vista

=?Utf-8?B?Q0xC?=

Re: installing word to vista
If your last remark/sentence was at all directed to this question (light
faster than sound?), then you should not be answering it on this forum, as it
is rude and insulting....my son, who is 16 years old was asking the question
and has more integrity and manners than you, Conor.

"Conor" wrote:

> In article <194F546A-EBE8-4724-94BC-70034AF56B6D@microsoft.com>, CLB
> says...
> > i am buying a new computer that comes with a trial of MS Word, but to buy
> > Word alone, it costs $150 i was wondering if i could install Word 2002 when
> > the trial runs out and if it would work properly on Vista
> >

> You could install OpenOffice which is MS Office compatible and free.
>
> --
> Conor
>
> Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright
> until you hear them speak.........

=?Utf-8?B?Q0xC?=

Re: installing word to vista
Thank you for all the information!

"Joe Guidera" wrote:

> Word, yes I believe so. I would un-install the trial before installing an
> older version of Office.
>
> Joe
>
> "CLB" <CLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i am buying a new computer that comes with a trial of MS Word, but to buy
> > Word alone, it costs $150 i was wondering if i could install Word 2002
> > when
> > the trial runs out and if it would work properly on Vista

=?Utf-8?B?Q0xC?=

Re: installing word to vista
Thank you for your help!