Installation Crashes

=?Utf-8?B?Um95IEI=?=

Installation Crashes
Upgrade advisor tells me its good to install Ultimate, i get right up to
'Upgrading Windows' it then restarts and locks up and i need to hit restart
it will attemp this again a few times befroe rolling back to xp. Advisor
tells me there are no probs but there are four unknowns : Trend Micro common
firewall miniport, NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller, ATI T200 Unified
AVStream Driver and Creative Game Port,
Charles W Davis

Re: Installation Crashes
The "four unknowns" are your problems. The firewall can be removed. Use the
Vista firewall. For the others, visit the manufacturer's web site and look
for drivers.
"Roy B" <RoyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsF736CD8-AD49-4153-B775-DAD044B71341@microsoft.com...
> Upgrade advisor tells me its good to install Ultimate, i get right up to
> 'Upgrading Windows' it then restarts and locks up and i need to hit
> restart
> it will attemp this again a few times befroe rolling back to xp. Advisor
> tells me there are no probs but there are four unknowns : Trend Micro
> common
> firewall miniport, NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller, ATI T200 Unified
> AVStream Driver and Creative Game Port,

Peter Foldes

Re: Installation Crashes
Remove any Anti Virus and Firewall programs(Trend) and try again.

--
Peter

"Roy B" <RoyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message newsF736CD8-AD49-4153-B775-DAD044B71341@microsoft.com...
> Upgrade advisor tells me its good to install Ultimate, i get right up to
> 'Upgrading Windows' it then restarts and locks up and i need to hit restart
> it will attemp this again a few times befroe rolling back to xp. Advisor
> tells me there are no probs but there are four unknowns : Trend Micro common
> firewall miniport, NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller, ATI T200 Unified
> AVStream Driver and Creative Game Port,

=?Utf-8?B?Um95IEI=?=

Re: Installation Crashes
I will try uninstalling the antivirus and firewall

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Remove any Anti Virus and Firewall programs(Trend) and try again.
>
> --
> Peter

> "Roy B" <RoyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message newsF736CD8-AD49-4153-B775-DAD044B71341@microsoft.com...
> > Upgrade advisor tells me its good to install Ultimate, i get right up to
> > 'Upgrading Windows' it then restarts and locks up and i need to hit restart
> > it will attemp this again a few times befroe rolling back to xp. Advisor
> > tells me there are no probs but there are four unknowns : Trend Micro common
> > firewall miniport, NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller, ATI T200 Unified
> > AVStream Driver and Creative Game Port,

=?Utf-8?B?Um95IEI=?=

Re: Installation Crashes
OK , uninstalled anti-virus and firewall also disabled 'cool and quiet' in
bios, actually made it to 65 percent upgraded, it then restarted tried to
start up ,didnt and gets stuck in a boot loop .

"Roy B" wrote:

> I will try uninstalling the antivirus and firewall
>
> "Peter Foldes" wrote:
>
> > Remove any Anti Virus and Firewall programs(Trend) and try again.
> >
> > --
> > Peter
> >
> > Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
> > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
> >
> > "Roy B" <RoyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message newsF736CD8-AD49-4153-B775-DAD044B71341@microsoft.com...
> > > Upgrade advisor tells me its good to install Ultimate, i get right up to
> > > 'Upgrading Windows' it then restarts and locks up and i need to hit restart
> > > it will attemp this again a few times befroe rolling back to xp. Advisor
> > > tells me there are no probs but there are four unknowns : Trend Micro common
> > > firewall miniport, NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller, ATI T200 Unified
> > > AVStream Driver and Creative Game Port,

John Barnes

Re: Installation Crashes
Uninstall the drivers for the networking and video card. Unplug all USB
devices during the install, except the kb and mouse if needed. Use PS2 if
you have them.

"Roy B" <RoyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsF736CD8-AD49-4153-B775-DAD044B71341@microsoft.com...
> Upgrade advisor tells me its good to install Ultimate, i get right up to
> 'Upgrading Windows' it then restarts and locks up and i need to hit
> restart
> it will attemp this again a few times befroe rolling back to xp. Advisor
> tells me there are no probs but there are four unknowns : Trend Micro
> common
> firewall miniport, NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller, ATI T200 Unified
> AVStream Driver and Creative Game Port,

=?Utf-8?B?Um95IEI=?=

Re: Installation Crashes

I didnt find a solution to upgrading , so i took the easy option and just
did a backup to usb drive then clean install of vista ultimate, works fine.
Just means i have to spend a bit of time getting everything back the way i
want it, (i forgot to use files and settings wizard)

"John Barnes" wrote:

> Uninstall the drivers for the networking and video card. Unplug all USB
> devices during the install, except the kb and mouse if needed. Use PS2 if
> you have them.
>
> "Roy B" <RoyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsF736CD8-AD49-4153-B775-DAD044B71341@microsoft.com...
> > Upgrade advisor tells me its good to install Ultimate, i get right up to
> > 'Upgrading Windows' it then restarts and locks up and i need to hit
> > restart
> > it will attemp this again a few times befroe rolling back to xp. Advisor
> > tells me there are no probs but there are four unknowns : Trend Micro
> > common
> > firewall miniport, NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller, ATI T200 Unified
> > AVStream Driver and Creative Game Port,

John Barnes

Re: Installation Crashes
Files and settings wizard doesn't seem that reliable anyway judging by the
posts and my experience. Glad everything is working.

news2D4E46F-C489-4A57-AF91-B81D3D9B9048@microsoft.com...