Printshop 22 and Microsoft

=?Utf-8?B?TG9ycmFpbmUgTWFj?=

Printshop 22 and Microsoft
Is there anyway to find out WHEN there will be a compatibility patch for
Printshop 22 on Vista???? I am really getting cranky. Have had the software
for over a month and can't use it. (No, I don't have my store receipt so
can't return it.)

Thanks for any news!
Lorraine
pvdg42

Re: Printshop 22 and Microsoft

"Lorraine Mac" <Lorraine Mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there anyway to find out WHEN there will be a compatibility patch for
> Printshop 22 on Vista???? I am really getting cranky. Have had the
> software
> for over a month and can't use it. (No, I don't have my store receipt so
> can't return it.)
>
> Thanks for any news!
> Lorraine

Application compatibility is the responsibility of the app. maker.
Broderbund, in this case.

The best answer will come from Broderbund support:

http://support.broderbund.com/fix.as...=28584&print=0

If the issue is that Printshop 22 will not install, have you tried
installing in compatibility mode?

pvdg42

Re: Printshop 22 and Microsoft

"Lorraine Mac" <Lorraine Mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there anyway to find out WHEN there will be a compatibility patch for
> Printshop 22 on Vista???? I am really getting cranky. Have had the
> software
> for over a month and can't use it. (No, I don't have my store receipt so
> can't return it.)
>
> Thanks for any news!
> Lorraine

After responding, curiosity got the better of me, so I tried installing my
old Printmaster 15 (DVD) on a spare PC running Vista Ultimate. The
installation went off without a hitch, and I'm able to create projects, work
with canned projects, etc. with no issues.

What are the issues with PM22?

John Barnes

Re: Printshop 22 and Microsoft
She is talking about PrintShop not PrintMaster. Both are Broderbund and
later versions have PDF drivers that have compatibility problems and maybe
other problems.

"pvdg42" <pvdg42@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message

> "Lorraine Mac" <Lorraine Mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Is there anyway to find out WHEN there will be a compatibility patch for
>> Printshop 22 on Vista???? I am really getting cranky. Have had the
>> software
>> for over a month and can't use it. (No, I don't have my store receipt so
>> can't return it.)
>>
>> Thanks for any news!
>> Lorraine

> After responding, curiosity got the better of me, so I tried installing my
> old Printmaster 15 (DVD) on a spare PC running Vista Ultimate. The
> installation went off without a hitch, and I'm able to create projects,
> work with canned projects, etc. with no issues.
>
> What are the issues with PM22?

John Barnes

Re: Printshop 22 and Microsoft
You will have to get any patch from Broderbund. Contact their technical
service and keep bugging them. You are not the first.

> She is talking about PrintShop not PrintMaster. Both are Broderbund and
> later versions have PDF drivers that have compatibility problems and maybe
> other problems.

Right you are. My bad!