after reinstalling vista sp1

powervan8

after reinstalling vista sp1

Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to this kind of problem with my vista sp1. and
here's my problem.

first, i noticed that during the boot process i now have 2 windows
vista, and if i'm not mistaken the first windows vista is my
"reinstalled" vista sp1 and the other is "old" windows vista (not sp1)
and both of them are oem. Now, i wantend to know and I know someone can
help me on how to delete the boot setting or configuration of my "old"
windows vista during the POST.

second, I reinstalled the windows vista sp1 to the drive D, the "old
vista were installed in the drive C. And as I noticed after the
reinstallation the drive D became the drive C and vice versa. And as
tried to delete the windows vista that were previously installed using
the command prompt but it gives me access is denied. I wanted to remove
the previous windows vista because it occupies a lot hard disk space
but i'm having hard time deleting it.

I hope you can help me guys, and thank you so much and i'm looking
forward to your replies

--
powervan8
Chad Harris

Re: after reinstalling vista sp1
Hi Powervan8:

Windows key +r>msconfig in run box or type msconfig above the start button
in search>boot tab>highlight the OS boot you want to delete>delete button.

As to drive assignments, your Bios dictated the drive letter and usually
that happens when someone slices a partition and wants to dual boot and
starts the setup of the second OS from Windows. If they start the setup
from a restart, they usually can set the drive letters they want.

I'm not sure why simply installing Vista's SP1 caused you to show a dual
boot option. Maybe someone can explain that. Default behavior for
installing Vista SP1 or Vista SP2 is to confer the SP on your existing
boot--and that goes for all the service packs in the history of Windows.

Good luck,

CH