Windows Defender User Interface Problem

SilveradoXD

Windows Defender User Interface Problem
Ever since I installed Vista Ultimate, the Windows Defender has not worked.
The error that I get is "Windows Defender User Interface Has Stopped
Working". Google searches dont turn up anything nor did a search of about 4
different Vista newsgroups.

The service is started, is running and is set at automatic. The Windows
Defender problem details are below:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MSASCui.exe
Application Version: 1.1.1505.0
Application Timestamp: 4549b017
Fault Module Name: gdiplus.dll
Fault Module Version: 5.2.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bcaf
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00032abc
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8d13
Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
Additional Information 3: 8d13
Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311

Any thoughts? All problem reports have been sent to MS, but no solutions are
available. Thanks.

SilveradoXD

Charles W Davis

Re: Windows Defender User Interface Problem
If you have subscribed to Microsoft's Live OneCare, Windows Defender is
disabled. The function is included in Live OneCare.
"SilveradoXD" <domerene180@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Ever since I installed Vista Ultimate, the Windows Defender has not
> worked.
> The error that I get is "Windows Defender User Interface Has Stopped
> Working". Google searches dont turn up anything nor did a search of about
> 4
> different Vista newsgroups.
>
> The service is started, is running and is set at automatic. The Windows
> Defender problem details are below:
>

> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: MSASCui.exe
> Application Version: 1.1.1505.0
> Application Timestamp: 4549b017
> Fault Module Name: gdiplus.dll
> Fault Module Version: 5.2.6000.16386
> Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bcaf
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: 00032abc
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Information 1: 8d13
> Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
> Additional Information 3: 8d13
> Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
>

> Any thoughts? All problem reports have been sent to MS, but no solutions
> are
> available. Thanks.
>
> SilveradoXD

Joe Guidera

Re: Windows Defender User Interface Problem
Looking at the event log entry it appears that you have an issue with your
video driver. The fauling module is GDIPLUS.DLL (which ships with Vista),
which suggests to me a video driver related problem.

What's the video card in the machine and have you installed the latest
drivers for it?

> Ever since I installed Vista Ultimate, the Windows Defender has not
> worked.
> The error that I get is "Windows Defender User Interface Has Stopped
> Working". Google searches dont turn up anything nor did a search of about
> 4
> different Vista newsgroups.
>
> The service is started, is running and is set at automatic. The Windows
> Defender problem details are below:
>

> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: MSASCui.exe
> Application Version: 1.1.1505.0
> Application Timestamp: 4549b017
> Fault Module Name: gdiplus.dll
> Fault Module Version: 5.2.6000.16386
> Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bcaf
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: 00032abc
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Information 1: 8d13
> Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
> Additional Information 3: 8d13
> Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
>

> Any thoughts? All problem reports have been sent to MS, but no solutions
> are
> available. Thanks.
>
> SilveradoXD

SilveradoXD

Re: Windows Defender User Interface Problem
This is on my Dell e1505 laptop. The video card is an ATI Mobility Radeon
x1400. I thought that I had updated the driver, but will remove all all
video drivers and run a driver cleanup program. I will then download and
install the latest drivers to see if this corrects the problem. I sure hope
so. I guess if I would have looked over my log, I would have seen that file.
But thanks for the insight!

Louie

"Joe Guidera" <jguidera@remove.msn.com> wrote in message
> Looking at the event log entry it appears that you have an issue with your
> video driver. The fauling module is GDIPLUS.DLL (which ships with Vista),
> which suggests to me a video driver related problem.
>
> What's the video card in the machine and have you installed the latest
> drivers for it?

> "SilveradoXD" <domerene180@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Ever since I installed Vista Ultimate, the Windows Defender has not
>> worked.
>> The error that I get is "Windows Defender User Interface Has Stopped
>> Working". Google searches dont turn up anything nor did a search of about
>> 4
>> different Vista newsgroups.
>>
>> The service is started, is running and is set at automatic. The Windows
>> Defender problem details are below:
>>

>> Problem signature
>> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>> Application Name: MSASCui.exe
>> Application Version: 1.1.1505.0
>> Application Timestamp: 4549b017
>> Fault Module Name: gdiplus.dll
>> Fault Module Version: 5.2.6000.16386
>> Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bcaf
>> Exception Code: c0000005
>> Exception Offset: 00032abc
>> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
>> Locale ID: 1033
>> Additional Information 1: 8d13
>> Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
>> Additional Information 3: 8d13
>> Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
>>

>> Any thoughts? All problem reports have been sent to MS, but no solutions
>> are
>> available. Thanks.
>>
>> SilveradoXD

Joe Guidera

Re: Windows Defender User Interface Problem
My pleasure. Hopefully that resolves your issue.

Joe