How to Install Windows XP on Windows Vista pre-installed Notebook

=?Utf-8?B?TmloYXIgUGF0ZWw=?=

How to Install Windows XP on Windows Vista pre-installed Notebook
hi there

i'm trying to get the solutions to install Windows XP in my notebook
as i have got Windows Vista Pre-installed.

I have tried all the way i know but it didn't work

and even the system doesn't allow me to format C:\

can anybody help me out with this stuff........ because i have to use some
applications on daily basis which are not supported by Windows Vista so HELP
ME OUT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx
John Inzer

Re: How to Install Windows XP on Windows Vista pre-installed Notebook
Nihar Patel wrote:
> hi there
>
> i'm trying to get the solutions to install Windows XP in my notebook
> as i have got Windows Vista Pre-installed.
>
> I have tried all the way i know but it didn't work
>
> and even the system doesn't allow me to format C:\
>
> can anybody help me out with this stuff........ because i have to use
> some applications on daily basis which are not supported by Windows
> Vista so HELP ME OUT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Thanx

==============================
Maybe the following info on dual-booting
will offer some ideas:

How to dual boot Vista and XP (with Vista installed first)
-- the step-by-step guide
http://www.apcstart.com/5485/dualbooting_vista_and_xp

--
John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Michael Price

Re: How to Install Windows XP on Windows Vista pre-installed Notebook
Why not use VPC 2007 and install XP there?

"Nihar Patel" <NiharPatel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi there
>
> i'm trying to get the solutions to install Windows XP in my notebook
> as i have got Windows Vista Pre-installed.
>
> I have tried all the way i know but it didn't work
>
> and even the system doesn't allow me to format C:\
>
> can anybody help me out with this stuff........ because i have to use some
> applications on daily basis which are not supported by Windows Vista so
> HELP
> ME OUT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Thanx

DL

Re: How to Install Windows XP on Windows Vista pre-installed Notebook
The first Q would be are winxp drivers available for this notebook

"mili" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> *How to Install Windows XP on Windows Vista pre-installed Notebook*
>

> --
> mili

Malke

mili wrote:

> *How to Install Windows XP on Windows Vista pre-installed Notebook*

A. On an OEM (HP, Sony, etc.) computer:

1. Go to the OEM's website and look for XP drivers for your specific model
computer. If there are no XP drivers, then you can't install XP. End of
story. If there are drivers, download them and store on a CD-R or USB
thumbdrive; you'll need them after you install XP.

2. Check with the OEM - either from their tech support website or by calling
them - to see if you will void your warranty if you do this. If you will
void the warranty, you make the decision.

3. If the OEM does support XP on the machine, call them and see if you can
have downgrade rights and have them send you an XP restore disk. This will
be far the easiest and best way of getting XP on the machine.

4. If XP is supported on the machine but the OEM doesn't have an XP restore
disk for you, understand that you'll need to purchase a retail copy of XP
from your favorite online or brick/mortar store.

5. Also understand that you will need to do a clean install of XP so if you
have any data you want, back it up first.

6. If none of the above is applicable to you because you can't run XP on
that machine (see Item #1 above), return the computer and purchase one
running XP instead.

Malke
--
MS-MVP