Re: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330) Update

Corrie

Re: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330) Update

I tried to install Vista servicepack from my new labtop- Acer Travelmate
6492. I am looking for this solution for two weeks now Im consider to go
back to XP because there was no problem. At first i update it throught
the update of MS. It failed. The Computer hang for two days before I
reboot it. This happend several times. Everytimje it hangs . When I did
it manually, it give me the error code ox800700d. I follow all the steps
that the person gave on this site. Nothing helped. I disabled all the
external devices such as cameras, etc. Nothing help. I uninstall the
virus program , Nothing. I contact Acer tech - not any solution. I reset
the computer and gave up all my data en did a recovery - Still the same.
At this moment I update the Computer again. It looks like if its hanging
again (for almost a day now). with the screen "Installing update 1 of
1...." So it was the same as previous. I was frustrated for the few
days I used the vista without update it. Please- is there anybody with
the same problem or is there some one out there with good advice! (Iam
working from my old computer now - !!!)

Corrie

--
Corrie
Corrie's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/86273.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Curious

Re: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330) Update
If you have a new Laptop odds are it already has SP1 installed since
Computer Vendors started shipping new systems with it installed about a year
ago when it was released.
What release number does windows help say you have installed?

"Corrie" <Corrie.3pvd3b@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I tried to install Vista servicepack from my new labtop- Acer Travelmate
> 6492. I am looking for this solution for two weeks now Im consider to go
> back to XP because there was no problem. At first i update it throught
> the update of MS. It failed. The Computer hang for two days before I
> reboot it. This happend several times. Everytimje it hangs . When I did
> it manually, it give me the error code ox800700d. I follow all the steps
> that the person gave on this site. Nothing helped. I disabled all the
> external devices such as cameras, etc. Nothing help. I uninstall the
> virus program , Nothing. I contact Acer tech - not any solution. I reset
> the computer and gave up all my data en did a recovery - Still the same.
> At this moment I update the Computer again. It looks like if its hanging
> again (for almost a day now). with the screen "Installing update 1 of
> 1...." So it was the same as previous. I was frustrated for the few
> days I used the vista without update it. Please- is there anybody with
> the same problem or is there some one out there with good advice! (Iam
> working from my old computer now - !!!)
>
> Corrie
>

> --
> Corrie
> Corrie's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/86273.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...all/935266.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Corrie

Re: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330) Update

Curious

The release number is :

Windows Vista Business
Copyright@ 2006 Microsoft Corporation.

So it does not say that it has servicepack 1 . Everytime the updater
shows automatic that it must update top vista servicepack 1

Corrie

--
Corrie
Corrie's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/86273.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...all/935266.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

R. C. White

Re: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330) Update
Hi, Corrie.

<Win>+<Break>

That is: Hold the Windows logo key down, like a Shift key, while you press
the Pause/Break key (in the upper right area on most keyboards). This
should pop up the System Properties window. There you can read the exact
version of Windows that you are running.

Or, press the <Win> key, type in "winver" and press Enter. That also will
tell you the exact version you are running.

I don't know what a "release number" is.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Corrie" <Corrie.3pvlfc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Curious
>
> The release number is :
>
> Windows Vista Business
> Copyright@ 2006 Microsoft Corporation.
>
> So it does not say that it has servicepack 1 . Everytime the updater
> shows automatic that it must update top vista servicepack 1
>
> Corrie

CBT

Re: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330) Update
Many times it is driver issues that cause the install to fail. Download the
SP to your drive, run MSconfig and disable all non microsoft services,
re-boot and then try the install. That worked on my HP notebook. Once the SP
is installed you can re-enable all the services

--
Chris Millette
MCP/Network Administrator