Vista wont install, on IDE or Sata Full or Upgrade

jayboi2005

Vista wont install, on IDE or Sata Full or Upgrade

I cannot get Vista to install, no mater what i do it wont work. I am
trying to install vista ultimate, i have tried a complete instillation
from boot and i get to select my country and then pres install and i
get presented with a screen asking for drivers. I don't understand why
as my HDD is IDE. So if i try and upgrade from within XP it works then
gets to the firs reboot and i get the BSOD with error codes

--
jayboi2005
jayboi2005's Profile: http://www.vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=2363

Richard Urban

Re: Vista wont install, on IDE or Sata Full or Upgrade
You don't give enough information to make a diagnosis.

How are your drives connected? Which one is seen as the primary? How is the
IDE drive jumpered? Which drive are you trying to install Vista to?

Get back with the above, and as much more as you can. If you don't tell we
can't answer.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"jayboi2005" <jayboi2005.2ozag3@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I cannot get Vista to install, no mater what i do it wont work. I am
> trying to install vista ultimate, i have tried a complete instillation
> from boot and i get to select my country and then pres install and i
> get presented with a screen asking for drivers. I don't understand why
> as my HDD is IDE. So if i try and upgrade from within XP it works then
> gets to the firs reboot and i get the BSOD with error codes
>

> --
> jayboi2005
> jayboi2005's Profile: http://www.vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=2363
> View this thread: http://www.vista64.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56261

jayboi2005

Re: Vista wont install, on IDE or Sata Full or Upgrade

I have an

Asrock 4CoreDual-VSTA Motherboard
1GB Ram
1 x IDE HDD set to Master on the jumpers (have tried Cabel Select as
that was what it used to be set to.)
1 x SATA HDD

I am trying to install Vista on which ever HDD i can, however it
doesn't matter what i tell it i still get this driver screen. I have
tried removing the SATA drive and just installing on the IDE as thats
what i would like and i still ge this Please Select Driver issue?

--
jayboi2005
Richard Urban

Re: Vista wont install, on IDE or Sata Full or Upgrade
If the hard drive is detected, and you can see the operating system on that
screen, you don't have to install any drivers at all.

--

"jayboi2005" <jayboi2005.2ozndu@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I have an
>
> Asrock 4CoreDual-VSTA Motherboard
> 1GB Ram
> 1 x IDE HDD set to Master on the jumpers (have tried Cabel Select as
> that was what it used to be set to.)
> 1 x SATA HDD
>
> I am trying to install Vista on which ever HDD i can, however it
> doesn't matter what i tell it i still get this driver screen. I have
> tried removing the SATA drive and just installing on the IDE as thats
> what i would like and i still ge this Please Select Driver issue?
>

> --
> jayboi2005

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Re: Vista wont install, on IDE or Sata Full or Upgrade
Hi:
Is your IDE drive empty?
You mentioned something about upgrading from XP.
Is it install in your IDE drive?
If such is the case, you won't be able to install Vista on that same IDE
unless there is an available partition.
You can't do a clean install of Vista in a partition occupied by another OS.
Also check your BIOS and see (and set) the boot device priority.
Carlos