Uninstall Office 2007 Student and Home Trial Version-Preloaded

ltshaft

Uninstall Office 2007 Student and Home Trial Version-Preloaded
Hi, I just bought a new PC ACER M5711 that comes with preloaded Trial version
of above. I wanted to install Office 2003 Student and Home Version which I
bought previously, but I am not able to uninstall Office 2007.

I tried using the Uninstall from Control Panel, but nothing seems to happen.
John Inzer

Re: Uninstall Office 2007 Student and Home Trial Version-Preloaded
ltshaft wrote:
> Hi, I just bought a new PC ACER M5711 that comes with preloaded Trial
> version of above. I wanted to install Office 2003 Student and Home
> Version which I bought previously, but I am not able to uninstall
> Office 2007.
>
> I tried using the Uninstall from Control Panel, but nothing seems to
> happen.

==================================
Maybe the following article would be worth a look:

(928218) How to uninstall the 2007 Office
system if you cannot uninstall it by using the
"Add or Remove Programs" feature
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

PvdG42

"ltshaft" <ltshaft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I just bought a new PC ACER M5711 that comes with preloaded Trial
> version
> of above. I wanted to install Office 2003 Student and Home Version which
> bought previously, but I am not able to uninstall Office 2007.
>
> I tried using the Uninstall from Control Panel, but nothing seems to
> happen.

If John's suggestion does not work for you, I'd suggest that you contact
Acer technical support and ask them:

http://www.acer.com/support/index.htm

PvdG42

Re: Uninstall Office 2007 Student and Home Trial Version-Preloaded

"ltshaft" <ltshaft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I just bought a new PC ACER M5711 that comes with preloaded Trial
> version
> of above. I wanted to install Office 2003 Student and Home Version which
> bought previously, but I am not able to uninstall Office 2007.
>
> I tried using the Uninstall from Control Panel, but nothing seems to
> happen.

Sorry for the multiple posts, but another thought. Did you follow the steps
on this page to activate the trial 2007 before attempting to uninstall it?

http://www.acer.com/support/Office2007.htm

It may be necessary to do that before the uninstaller will work.

DL

Re: Uninstall Office 2007 Student and Home Trial Version-Preloaded
No its not

"PvdG42" <pvdg@toadstool.edu> wrote in message

> "ltshaft" <ltshaft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi, I just bought a new PC ACER M5711 that comes with preloaded Trial
>> version
>> of above. I wanted to install Office 2003 Student and Home Version which
>> bought previously, but I am not able to uninstall Office 2007.
>>
>> I tried using the Uninstall from Control Panel, but nothing seems to
>> happen.

> Sorry for the multiple posts, but another thought. Did you follow the
> steps on this page to activate the trial 2007 before attempting to
> uninstall it?
>
> http://www.acer.com/support/Office2007.htm
>
> It may be necessary to do that before the uninstaller will work.

TJ Higgins

Re: Uninstall Office 2007 Student and Home Trial Version-Preloaded

I have tried almost everything they have suggested, (didn't try the ones
that did not apply to my computer), on the activate my trial version.
For some reason it stopped running in the middle of if and it closed
down. I even purchased the full version (past experience taught me to
purchase a CD as well) I managed to download some of it (not sure just
how much) but it did not complete download. ]
Contacted tech support was told I needed to uninstall the trilal
version, but my computer will not uninstall it.
I received my CD, tried to install, it wont install. I sure need to
use my program.

--
TJ Higgins
TJ Higgins's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/116975.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Peter Foldes

Re: Uninstall Office 2007 Student and Home Trial Version-Preloaded
See this link below to remove and uninstall Office

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218

After doing the above uninstall all references to Office including the Activation
manager and then install your purchased version

--
Peter