Can't access emachines T5062 recovery partition

jimb11 via WindowsKB.com

Can't access emachines T5062 recovery partition
I messed up my registry and had to reformat. I went to my recovery partition
but could not use it. So I used my recovery dvd but the recovery manager was
missing. So I just reinstall vista without any of the crap software that came
with it. Now I don't mind not having any of that crap software on my computer
but I don't like not having the recovery partition available. I thought that
if I used the recovery dvd that would have restored the recovery partition
but it didn't. I mean I can see my recovery partition but the emachine
recovery console is missing so I can't access it. How do I get my recovery
partition back. In other words how do I get my computer back to it's factory
settings?

Mike Torello

Re: Can't access emachines T5062 recovery partition
"jimb11 via WindowsKB.com" <u25693@uwe> wrote:

>I messed up my registry and had to reformat. I went to my recovery partition
>but could not use it. So I used my recovery dvd but the recovery manager was
>missing. So I just reinstall vista without any of the crap software that came
>with it. Now I don't mind not having any of that crap software on my computer
>but I don't like not having the recovery partition available. I thought that
>if I used the recovery dvd that would have restored the recovery partition
>but it didn't. I mean I can see my recovery partition but the emachine
>recovery console is missing so I can't access it. How do I get my recovery
>partition back. In other words how do I get my computer back to it's factory
>settings?

You use the recovery DVD. If it's got a problem, contact the
manufacturer of the computer.
Curious

Re: Can't access emachines T5062 recovery partition
The recovery DVD is used to recover when you have to replace your disk drive
or to reinstall if you deleted the recovery partition. It does not also
reinstall itself on your HDD. since you no longer need it on the HDD since
you have it on DVD if you again need to reinstall.

"Curious" <mailmenot@nomail.com> wrote:

>The recovery DVD is used to recover when you have to replace your disk drive
>or to reinstall if you deleted the recovery partition. It does not also
>reinstall itself on your HDD. since you no longer need it on the HDD since
>you have it on DVD if you again need to reinstall.

You're grossly mistaken (like, who's surprised?).

Using the recovery DVD leaves the computer the same as it was the day
it was removed from its packing. Thus, it does "reinstall itself", so
to speak, in that the hidden recovery partition and the means to
access it during bootup are reestablished.

>"jimb11 via WindowsKB.com" <u25693@uwe> wrote in message
>> I messed up my registry and had to reformat. I went to my recovery
>> partition
>> but could not use it. So I used my recovery dvd but the recovery manager
>> was
>> missing. So I just reinstall vista without any of the crap software that
>> came
>> with it. Now I don't mind not having any of that crap software on my
>> computer
>> but I don't like not having the recovery partition available. I thought
>> that
>> if I used the recovery dvd that would have restored the recovery partition
>> but it didn't. I mean I can see my recovery partition but the emachine
>> recovery console is missing so I can't access it. How do I get my recovery
>> partition back. In other words how do I get my computer back to it's
>> factory
>> settings?

Curious

Re: Can't access emachines T5062 recovery partition
Thank you for correcting my post.
I apparently misunderstood the OP's post since he did have his recovery
partition recreated. Also since the one time I had to use recovery DVDs
made from the recovery partition on my sons HP PC the install did not
exactly duplicate the original factory installation since it gave us lots of
options as to what features to install so I assumed that all vendor's
recovery DVD(s) worked the same way.

"Mike Torello" <torellom@chicoplt.com> wrote in message
newsicss4l8ndevpa990sfvmo3d9dtb49cvpg@4ax.com...
> "Curious" <mailmenot@nomail.com> wrote:
>
>>The recovery DVD is used to recover when you have to replace your disk
>>drive
>>or to reinstall if you deleted the recovery partition. It does not also
>>reinstall itself on your HDD. since you no longer need it on the HDD since
>>you have it on DVD if you again need to reinstall.

> You're grossly mistaken (like, who's surprised?).
>
> Using the recovery DVD leaves the computer the same as it was the day
> it was removed from its packing. Thus, it does "reinstall itself", so
> to speak, in that the hidden recovery partition and the means to
> access it during bootup are reestablished.
>

>>"jimb11 via WindowsKB.com" <u25693@uwe> wrote in message
>>> I messed up my registry and had to reformat. I went to my recovery
>>> partition
>>> but could not use it. So I used my recovery dvd but the recovery manager
>>> was
>>> missing. So I just reinstall vista without any of the crap software that
>>> came
>>> with it. Now I don't mind not having any of that crap software on my
>>> computer
>>> but I don't like not having the recovery partition available. I thought
>>> that
>>> if I used the recovery dvd that would have restored the recovery
>>> partition
>>> but it didn't. I mean I can see my recovery partition but the emachine
>>> recovery console is missing so I can't access it. How do I get my
>>> recovery
>>> partition back. In other words how do I get my computer back to it's
>>> factory
>>> settings?

RalfG

Re: Can't access emachines T5062 recovery partition
Not even all HPs work as you experienced. I've got 3 of them here , 2 with
recovery partitions and one from before they started using them. Running the
destructive recovery mode from disc puts all of them back to factory
original condition, including the recovery partition. The non-destructive
recovery mode only reinstalls the OS and software, leaving everything else
(partitions, user files etc. ) intact. Other than choosing between recovery
modes there wasn't much else to select during the actual recovery process. A
given HP recovery set might be used with several different models, including
some with completely different motherboard chipsets and installed hardware.
Judging by the number and type of ghost drivers that were installed in my
first HP, I got the impression that the original OS/software installation
had been imaged from a harddrive configured in one of those other models
(with Intel chipset rather than VIA) and cloned from that onto harddrives
designated for use in all the relevant models.

"Curious" <mailmenot@nomail.com> wrote in message
> Thank you for correcting my post.
> I apparently misunderstood the OP's post since he did have his recovery
> partition recreated. Also since the one time I had to use recovery DVDs
> made from the recovery partition on my sons HP PC the install did not
> exactly duplicate the original factory installation since it gave us lots
> of options as to what features to install so I assumed that all vendor's
> recovery DVD(s) worked the same way.
>

> "Mike Torello" <torellom@chicoplt.com> wrote in message
> newsicss4l8ndevpa990sfvmo3d9dtb49cvpg@4ax.com...
>> "Curious" <mailmenot@nomail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>The recovery DVD is used to recover when you have to replace your disk
>>>drive
>>>or to reinstall if you deleted the recovery partition. It does not also
>>>reinstall itself on your HDD. since you no longer need it on the HDD
>>>since
>>>you have it on DVD if you again need to reinstall.

>> You're grossly mistaken (like, who's surprised?).
>>
>> Using the recovery DVD leaves the computer the same as it was the day
>> it was removed from its packing. Thus, it does "reinstall itself", so
>> to speak, in that the hidden recovery partition and the means to
>> access it during bootup are reestablished.

Curious

Re: Can't access emachines T5062 recovery partition
Strange,
My son's two year HP Vista Laptop did a destructive mode recovery mode
recovery from the set of DVDs he made when he got the system and the
recovery gave him options concerning all of the non standard MS XP programs
whether to install or not.
In any case there does not appear to be any standard between vendors or even
within the same vendor on what will or will not be installed with recovery
DVD(s).