theultimatesteal

Dillon Farmer

theultimatesteal
Further to my posting some months ago about theultimatesteal (student
promotion) and a Vista Ultimate upgrade, you may remember MS in its' T's
& C's provided for a variety of qualifying operating systems. One of
those was Win98. Leaving out the technical problems of upgrading via
that path, MS has now changed its' T's & C's to exclude any OS's from
which a direct upgrade is not possible.

Whilst MS gave me a product key for a full edition of Vista Ultimate
with Win98 as the qualifying OS under the old terms, with the new this
is no longer possible.

I can only surmise MS did not intend the deal as originally advertised.

Dillon

Leroy

Re: theultimatesteal
If you have questions related to the Ultimate Steal program, please contact:
https://store.digitalriver.com/DRHM/...en_US&Env=BASE

Dillon Farmer wrote:
> Further to my posting some months ago about theultimatesteal (student
> promotion) and a Vista Ultimate upgrade, you may remember MS in its' T's
> & C's provided for a variety of qualifying operating systems. One of
> those was Win98. Leaving out the technical problems of upgrading via
> that path, MS has now changed its' T's & C's to exclude any OS's from
> which a direct upgrade is not possible.
>
> Whilst MS gave me a product key for a full edition of Vista Ultimate
> with Win98 as the qualifying OS under the old terms, with the new this
> is no longer possible.
>
> I can only surmise MS did not intend the deal as originally advertised.
>
> Dillon

Dillon Farmer

Re: theultimatesteal
Leroy wrote:
> If you have questions related to the Ultimate Steal program, please
> contact:
> https://store.digitalriver.com/DRHM/...en_US&Env=BASE
>

> Dillon Farmer wrote:
>> Further to my posting some months ago about theultimatesteal (student
>> promotion) and a Vista Ultimate upgrade, you may remember MS in its'
>> T's & C's provided for a variety of qualifying operating systems. One
>> of those was Win98. Leaving out the technical problems of upgrading
>> via that path, MS has now changed its' T's & C's to exclude any OS's
>> from which a direct upgrade is not possible.
>>
>> Whilst MS gave me a product key for a full edition of Vista Ultimate
>> with Win98 as the qualifying OS under the old terms, with the new this
>> is no longer possible.
>>
>> I can only surmise MS did not intend the deal as originally advertised.
>>
>> Dillon

Leroy,

As a matter of interest do you deny the T's & C's have changed?

If they have changed why?

Dillon
Richard Urban

Re: theultimatesteal
If you think you are corresponding with a Microsoft representative - you're
NOT.

We are all volunteers here and have our own lives and jobs.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"Dillon Farmer" <dillonfarmer@f2s.com> wrote in message
> Leroy wrote:
>> If you have questions related to the Ultimate Steal program, please
>> contact:
>> https://store.digitalriver.com/DRHM/...en_US&Env=BASE
>> Dillon Farmer wrote:
>>> Further to my posting some months ago about theultimatesteal (student
>>> promotion) and a Vista Ultimate upgrade, you may remember MS in its' T's
>>> & C's provided for a variety of qualifying operating systems. One of
>>> those was Win98. Leaving out the technical problems of upgrading via
>>> that path, MS has now changed its' T's & C's to exclude any OS's from
>>> which a direct upgrade is not possible.
>>>
>>> Whilst MS gave me a product key for a full edition of Vista Ultimate
>>> with Win98 as the qualifying OS under the old terms, with the new this
>>> is no longer possible.
>>>
>>> I can only surmise MS did not intend the deal as originally advertised.
>>>
>>> Dillon
>>>

> Leroy,
>
> As a matter of interest do you deny the T's & C's have changed?
>
> If they have changed why?
>
> Dillon

> signature database 3970 (20090327) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3970 (20090327) __________

http://www.eset.com

Dillon Farmer

Re: theultimatesteal
Richard Urban wrote:
> ... and have our own lives and jobs.

DigitalRiver (DR) were totally useless in resolving my installation
problem some months ago. They could not even understand the issue. I
ended up having to quote "legal" chapter and verse to MS before they
would honour their contract.

Now, as I had raised this "installation" problem here (and received
helpful responses) it seemed only proper that I should send a follow-up
lest someone was labouring under the illusion the old terms still apply.

The change in T's & C's is a matter entirely in the domain of MS. NOT DR
who act behalf of MS.

To be directed to DR on this matter, therefore, is something of a time
wasting exercise which as a person with a life and job I'm sure you can
appreciate.

Dillon

DDW

Re: theultimatesteal
On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 00:51:22 +0000, Dillon Farmer
<dillonfarmer@f2s.com> wrote:

>Richard Urban wrote:
>> ... and have our own lives and jobs.

>DigitalRiver (DR) were totally useless in resolving my installation
>problem some months ago. They could not even understand the issue. I
>ended up having to quote "legal" chapter and verse to MS before they
>would honour their contract.
>
>Now, as I had raised this "installation" problem here (and received
>helpful responses) it seemed only proper that I should send a follow-up
>lest someone was labouring under the illusion the old terms still apply.
>
>The change in T's & C's is a matter entirely in the domain of MS. NOT DR
>who act behalf of MS.
>
>To be directed to DR on this matter, therefore, is something of a time
>wasting exercise which as a person with a life and job I'm sure you can
>appreciate.
>

>Dillon

"Digital River" is merely an organization that handles money
transactions for companies on the 'net.

DDW
No email please