Trying to install vista and getting blue error screen plase help!

alexR

Trying to install vista and getting blue error screen plase help!

can someone please help it would be deeply appreciated !

i just finished my new build and was quite happy that my vista home
premium 64 bit came in today i went to install it and everything seemed
to be going well it was booting up and then all of a sudden a blue error
screen pops up this is what it said:

the bios in this system is not fully ACPI compliant.please contact your
system vendor for an updated bios

technical information
STOP:0x000000A5

does anyone when know what the problem is? is my ram or cpu OR MOBO
DOA?

--
alexR
Addison Steele

Re: Trying to install vista and getting blue error screen plase help!
On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 11:10:06 -0500, alexR <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>can someone please help it would be deeply appreciated !
>
>i just finished my new build and was quite happy that my vista home
>premium 64 bit came in today i went to install it and everything seemed
>to be going well it was booting up and then all of a sudden a blue error
>screen pops up this is what it said:
>

>the bios in this system is not fully ACPI compliant.please contact your
>system vendor for an updated bios
>
>technical information
>STOP:0x000000A5
>
>does anyone when know what the problem is? is my ram or cpu OR MOBO
>DOA?

Do you have a clue what a BIOS is?

Go to the site for the maker of your MOBO and see what you can find in
the way of BIOS updates.
alexR

Addison Steele;1002229 Wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 11:10:06 -0500, alexR <guest@xxxxxx-email.com>
> wrote:
> > > >

> > >can someone please help it would be deeply appreciated !
> > >
> > >i just finished my new build and was quite happy that my vista home
> > >premium 64 bit came in today i went to install it and everything

> > seemed
> > >to be going well it was booting up and then all of a sudden a blue

> > error
> > >screen pops up this is what it said:
> > >

> > >the bios in this system is not fully ACPI compliant.please contact

> > your
> > >system vendor for an updated bios
> > >
> > >technical information
> > >STOP:0x000000A5
> > >
> > >does anyone when know what the problem is? is my ram or cpu OR MOBO
> > >DOA? > > Do you have a clue what a BIOS is?

> Go to the site for the maker of your MOBO and see what you can find
> in
> the way of BIOS updates.

yes i know what bios is and the problem had nothing to do with bios in
the first place i forgot to only leave 2gb of ram when installing vista
so problem solved.so lock i guess.

--
alexR
merkat106

Re: Trying to install vista and getting blue error screen plase help!

Vista 64x takes 4gb min, otherwise only install 32bit

I have a similar issue. I rebuilt a computer which uses an OEM mobo
made by Asus. The BIOS flash thats supposed to work doesn't flash.

You're right BIOS shouldn't be the issue. Best of luck

--
merkat106