Cannot instalL Windowes Installer 4.5

krlcon

Cannot instalL Windowes Installer 4.5
Hello,

I have a Dell Vostro 1500 with 4gb of Ram and 200 GB of free space. I have
installed Vista Business 64, and added recommended patches. It also has
Office 2007. I am trynig to install SQL server 2008 express. A prereq for
this is the 4.5 installer.

Whenever I run the install I get two messages: Setup Error, Not enough
storage is available to process this command. Then "Installation did not
complete" In the application log the Event ID is 4373.

I have space, ram, I am logged in as an administrator, and it is a clean
build. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ken

Charles Wang [MSFT]

RE: Cannot instalL Windowes Installer 4.5
Hi Ken,
I notice that you have posted the same question "Vista business 64 - Cannot
install installer 4.5" in our sqlserver.setup newsgroup, which I have
already responded. So please check my answer there and if you need any
further assistance on this particular issue, please reply to me in that
thread so I can follow up with you in time.

For your convenience, I have included part of my reply as follows:
------------------
From your description, I understand that SQL Server 2008 Express could not
be installed on your server.
If I have misunderstood, please let me know.

The error messages were very general and looked not making sense since you
had enough space on your server. To dig out the cause, I need to collect
your SQL Server 2008 Express setup logs for more information. Could you
please help compress the whole folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\Log and send it to me
(changliw_at_microsoft_dot_com). If the compressed file is larger than 2MB,
you may first send me an email response and then I will reply you via email
to let you know how to upload large files to me.
------------------

Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,
Charles Wang

Microsoft Online Community Support

Mick Murphy

RE: Cannot instalL Windowes Installer 4.5
Whenever you get weird error messages like that when installing, try
right-click on the setup.exe> Run as Admin.
--
Mad Mike

"krlcon" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a Dell Vostro 1500 with 4gb of Ram and 200 GB of free space. I have
> installed Vista Business 64, and added recommended patches. It also has
> Office 2007. I am trynig to install SQL server 2008 express. A prereq for
> this is the 4.5 installer.
>
> Whenever I run the install I get two messages: Setup Error, Not enough
> storage is available to process this command. Then "Installation did not
> complete" In the application log the Event ID is 4373.
>
> I have space, ram, I am logged in as an administrator, and it is a clean
> build. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken

Peter Foldes

Re: Cannot instalL Windowes Installer 4.5
See the following

Peter