Bootmgr is missing - nothing else is helping me!!

Grkkid

Bootmgr is missing - nothing else is helping me!!

So I got sick of my computer being so cluttered and wanted to start off
fresh like I have a dozen times. So I restart my computer and put in my
Vista disc and boot from CD. I format my computer and start to let it
install when all of a sudden I get this error that tells me that bootmgr
is missing. I have never got this before and everything online isnt
helping. I formatted, so there is no OS on my computer. It has NOTHING
on it lol, because when Iam trying to install an OS on it, I get that
error. The command script doesnt work, going to Repair and clicking
Startup Repair is also not helping. I have no idea how to fix this, and
so far nothing online has solved this problem. PLEASE help me, I need my
computer lol PLEASE

Thanks

--
Grkkid
Badger

Bootmgr is missing - nothing else is helping me!!
Before you reboot,
Open your CD trey and insert your Vista Disk,
Otherwise the boot manager gets bypassed.

"Grkkid" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> So I got sick of my computer being so cluttered and wanted to start off
> fresh like I have a dozen times. So I restart my computer and put in my
> Vista disc and boot from CD. I format my computer and start to let it
> install when all of a sudden I get this error that tells me that bootmgr
> is missing. I have never got this before and everything online isnt
> helping. I formatted, so there is no OS on my computer. It has NOTHING
> on it lol, because when Iam trying to install an OS on it, I get that
> error. The command script doesnt work, going to Repair and clicking
> Startup Repair is also not helping. I have no idea how to fix this, and
> so far nothing online has solved this problem. PLEASE help me, I need my
> computer lol PLEASE
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Grkkid

Badger

Re: Bootmgr is missing - nothing else is helping me!!
I need to explain better.
Before you begin.
Go into your BIOS and set the CD/DVD to start before the hard drive does.
Open the CD/DVD tray and install the Vista disk, and restart letting the
computer close the tray.
It will open a window for you to click Install.
You can create partitions or let it do its own thing.
From that point on don't interfere.

"Grkkid" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> So I got sick of my computer being so cluttered and wanted to start off
> fresh like I have a dozen times. So I restart my computer and put in my
> Vista disc and boot from CD. I format my computer and start to let it
> install when all of a sudden I get this error that tells me that bootmgr
> is missing. I have never got this before and everything online isnt
> helping. I formatted, so there is no OS on my computer. It has NOTHING
> on it lol, because when Iam trying to install an OS on it, I get that
> error. The command script doesnt work, going to Repair and clicking
> Startup Repair is also not helping. I have no idea how to fix this, and
> so far nothing online has solved this problem. PLEASE help me, I need my
> computer lol PLEASE
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Grkkid

DellPresto is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Bootmgr is missing - nothing else is helping me!!
Hi,

Please follow the steps below to fix this issue in Vista.
-Boot with the Windows Vista disk.
-Change the language settings and click next.
-Choose the windows in the box and click next.
-You can try startup repair if not click on Command Prompt.
-Type C: and enter. Then on next line type bootrec /rebuildbcd and then press ENTER.
-If Bootrec runs successfully, it will present you with the installation path of a Windows directory. To add the entry to the BCD store, type yes. A confirmation message appears that indicates the entry was added successfully.

Manvinder G
Your PRESTO expert
Find a Laptop, Desktop, Server, Printer, Software, Service or Monitor at Dell.
Phone us if you need immediate help and support.