reinstalling vista with oem recovery drive

guic

reinstalling vista with oem recovery drive

Hi,
I want to format my vista to reinstall it with my recovery drive.
Here`s the question when i bought my pc i made 3 other partition on my
hard drive. If i reinstall with the recovery drive will it reset my
partition and put it back has one hard drive?
Thank in advance.
Guic

--
guic
SIW2

Re: reinstalling vista with oem recovery drive

Hi Guic,

You have posted on the News Group - were you intending to post on the
Vista Forum ?

If so, click this link and post in the top half of the page where it
says Vista Forum - the bottom half is the News Group.

http://www.vistax64.com/

If you are trying to restore a manufacturer image, it is unlikely you
will be able to do that on what is now a smaller partition.

Post the make and model of your machine, along with your question, and
there is a good chance someone with a similar machine will be able to
advise.

Hope it helps

SIW2

--
SIW2
Richard G. Harper

Re: reinstalling vista with oem recovery drive
You would have to check the manual that came with your computer and/or their
support web site. Some computers allow you to reinstall only Windows,
others will wipe everything on the system and put it back to exactly the
same way you bought it. Only the documentation that came with your system
will tell you for sure which is the case with you.

"guic" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
> I want to format my vista to reinstall it with my recovery drive.
> Here`s the question when i bought my pc i made 3 other partition on my
> hard drive. If i reinstall with the recovery drive will it reset my
> partition and put it back has one hard drive?
> Thank in advance.
> Guic
>

> --
> guic

merkat106

Re: reinstalling vista with oem recovery drive

With most makes of computers, using the recovery partition will restore
the system partiton (usually c drive) back to a factory load, which will
wipe out all data on that partition. The recovery should not mess with
any other partitions.

Also, do not make the system partiton too small by creating a lot of
partitions. Vista may not recover or work correctly.

Think about storing your data on an external hard drive instead of
creating many partitions. It is safer and if anything happens to the
computer, your data is backed up.

--
merkat106
Mike Torello

merkat106 <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>With most makes of computers, using the recovery partition will restore
>the system partiton (usually c drive) back to a factory load, which will
>wipe out all data on that partition. The recovery should not mess with
>any other partitions.
>
>Also, do not make the system partiton too small by creating a lot of
>partitions. Vista may not recover or work correctly.
>
>Think about storing your data on an external hard drive instead of
>creating many partitions. It is safer and if anything happens to the
>computer, your data is backed up.

No, it isn't "backed up". What if THAT drive fails and everything
else is still fine?