Can't Move QuickLaunch Toolbar

Jay Somerset

Can't Move QuickLaunch Toolbar
In Win2K and XP, the QuickLaunch toolbar could be relocated to the Desktop,
or to any of the other three screen borders. In Vista, I can't seem to do
it. Clicking at the left corner produces the "multi-arrowed" move icon, but
the bar cannot actually be dragged away from its location next to the Start
button.

Has anyone else been able to relocate QuickLaunch, or has that capability
been lost in Vista?
Dave Cox

Re: Can't Move QuickLaunch Toolbar
"Jay Somerset" <jay-1941-@hotmail.com> wrote in

> In Win2K and XP, the QuickLaunch toolbar could be relocated to the
> Desktop, or to any of the other three screen borders. In Vista, I
> can't seem to do it. Clicking at the left corner produces the
> "multi-arrowed" move icon, but the bar cannot actually be dragged
> away from its location next to the Start button.
>
> Has anyone else been able to relocate QuickLaunch, or has that
> capability been lost in Vista?

Won't move the way it use to in XP for me either, But there is a work
around if you want the quick launch or other toolbar on the side or
top.

1.Make a new folder on the desktop.
2.Drag the new folder to the side, it will change to a toolbar.
3.Delete folder on the desktop you just created (tool bar will stay)
4.Right click the new toolbar and add the Quicklaunch toolbar.
5.Remove Quick launch from taskbar.
5.Auto hide functions if you desire.

You can find this in the offline Help & Support if you search TOOLBAR
results #2

This is probably just one of many ways.

Hope this helps
Dave

--
Want to waste your breath?

Join my Plonk club and hang out with other memebers like:

Adam Albright
Jay Somerset

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 22:01:24 GMT, Dave Cox <dcox1961@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Jay Somerset" <jay-1941-@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
> > In Win2K and XP, the QuickLaunch toolbar could be relocated to the
> > Desktop, or to any of the other three screen borders. In Vista, I
> > can't seem to do it. Clicking at the left corner produces the
> > "multi-arrowed" move icon, but the bar cannot actually be dragged
> > away from its location next to the Start button.
> >
> > Has anyone else been able to relocate QuickLaunch, or has that
> > capability been lost in Vista?
> >

> Won't move the way it use to in XP for me either, But there is a work
> around if you want the quick launch or other toolbar on the side or
> top.
>
> 1.Make a new folder on the desktop.
> 2.Drag the new folder to the side, it will change to a toolbar.
> 3.Delete folder on the desktop you just created (tool bar will stay)
> 4.Right click the new toolbar and add the Quicklaunch toolbar.
> 5.Remove Quick launch from taskbar.
> 5.Auto hide functions if you desire.
>
> You can find this in the offline Help & Support if you search TOOLBAR
> results #2
>
> This is probably just one of many ways.
>
> Hope this helps
> Dave