Re: Product Key cannot be validated!!!!

Curious

Re: Product Key cannot be validated!!!!
All HP Vista and XP PCs that I or friends have purchased have provided a
way to dump the recovery partition to DVDs for the express purpose, at a
minimum, of being able to recover from disk failures and this procedure was
described in the written material that came with the PC. Apparently you
did not get the proper written documentation or the alert to back up the
partition after you first boot and therefore you destroyed the recovery
partition content.
Contact HP to purchase a set of recovery DVDs for your OEM product key,
"Emin IPEK" <eminipek@msn.com> wrote in message
> There were no option for recovery DVD creation and I later formatted the
> recovery partition. And usually when you recover the system it doesn't ask
> product key
>
> If I get aVista with a new computer it must be valid with a new
> installation on another HD
>
> But when I type the product key, the Vista doesn't recognize it as a valid
> key.
> .
> "Curious" <mailmenot@nomail.com> wrote in message
>> The key on the system probably can only be used with the copy of the
>> recovery partition that you copied out to recovery DVDs when you first
>> got the system.
>>
>> "Emin IPEK" <eminipek@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> I had bought an HP 2133 when I was in Bahrain.
>>> When I first started up the computer, Vista Business started installing,
>>> probably from the Recovery partition.
>>> Anyway, I am in Turkey now and I upgraded mh harddisk and wanted to
>>> install Vista Business on the new harddisk.
>>> Underneath my computer there is an original Microsoft sticker for the
>>> product Key. During the Vista installation I typed this key but received
>>> an error message that the key cannot be validated. The key starts with
>>> J4CQ3-
>>> What might be the reason? What is the solution? I want to use my
>>> original Vista Product Key.
>>> Any help will be appreciated
>>> Regards
>>> Emin