Upgrade to Ultimate

Paradiseboy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Upgrade to Ultimate
I am not at all savvy but I want to upgrade the OS. I have a HP Pavillion dv6500 laptop entertainment PC I uninstalled the 30 day trial for home & student and the manager. There is no antivirus installed. The system currently has 2038 MB RAM It is a duo core. The uprgrade is a download from a reliable site, how should I go about this proceedure.
NOTE, This laptop has not been used online yet. Also is Kaspersky Internet 2009 a good choice Thank You

Last edited by Paradiseboy : 03-19-2009 at 23:20. Reason: Spelling
peter

Re: Upgrade to Ultimate
The only upgrade to Vista Ultimate is by purchasing the DVD...whether it be
by download or from a physical store.
And the only reliable site to download it from in my opinion is the MS site
.....anything else is an unknown factor...
The MS upgrade site has detailed instructions on how to download...and
install ..as well as save a copy of Ultimate.
But once you do have it installed I suggest you Image your Hard drive to an
external HD.
Kapersky Internet 2009 is a very good anti virus suite...but there are free
ones like AVG or BitDefender to name 2 that are good as well.

I assume you have Vista as an operating system on the HP at the present
time??

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

"Paradiseboy" <Paradiseboy.3pbfgd@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:Paradiseboy.3pbfgd@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> I am not at all savvy but I want to upgrade the OS. I have a HP
> Pavillion dv6500 laptop entertainment PC I uninstalled the 30 day trial
> for home & student and the manager. There is no antivirus installed. The
> system currently has 2038 MB RAM It is a duo core. The uprgrade is a
> download from a reliable site, how should I go about this proceedure.
> NOTE, This laptop has not been used online yet. Also is Kaspersky
> Internet 2009 a good choice Thank You
>

> --
> Paradiseboy

Paradiseboy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Upgrade to Ultimate
The upgrade I want to purchase is from Microsoft itself @ 91% discount. My laptop has pre installed vista prem..... I have been hours online at the micosoft website and on a chat but I do not know If I must buy a seprate disc called The anytime upgrade. Also Thanks!

Last edited by Paradiseboy : 03-20-2009 at 01:50. Reason: addt
peter

Re: Upgrade to Ultimate
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...grade-faq.aspx

the Anytime upgrade gets you the DVD.....
https://om.one.microsoft.com/opa/Val...vaScriptOn=yes

or you can download the upgrade package and install directly.....no DVD
the information of your download is installed in a digital locker.

personally I would go for the DVD in my sweaty little palms.........takes
about a week to get

"Paradiseboy" <Paradiseboy.3pbnsd@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:Paradiseboy.3pbnsd@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...