Unable to Update Windows Vista

DB

Unable to Update Windows Vista
Hi,

Over the last days I've tried to fix my windows update in various ways.

Error 0x8000FFFF with FixWindowsUpdateError0x8000FFFF.exe which fixed the
unability to start up and constant reboot.

Also via ren c:\windows\winsxs\pending.xml to pending.old.xml, backing up
registry (components) and deleting the pending values - just like describer
in your pages...

Then I started to have other errors such as 80073712 and used the vista
update readiness tool which proved worthless in resolving the problem.

I have also unsitalled sp1 for .net 3.5 framework since the problems started
around that installation but it did not make any diference. In addition I
cannot install it - it says not needed together with the other 8 updates....

The only updates that seem to have gone through over the last weeks are for
windows defender. Have also taken on and off anti-virus software and that has
done no impact.

Have also run fine SFC scannow...

Have tried all windows fixed in the knowledge base and had email customer
service where i got the response:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email about Windows Vistaâ„¢.

I was sorry to hear that you get error codes when you try to do Windows
Updates on your computer.

I understand how disappointing this has been for you as you had tried many
ways to fix it. In order to help resolve your concern, I would suggest you
to go through the number of ways that you can obtain technical information
and support from our team.

A useful resource is the Knowledge Base on our website, where we have
published a large collection of articles and Frequently Asked Questions
(FAQs) about our products. You can access it by going to;

You can also go online and visit our Newsgroup to post your technical
question at the following website, or alternatively chat with one of our Most
Valuable Professionals (MVPs);

http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroup/default.aspx

If you do not find the answer that you are looking for or wish to discuss
alternative support options please call our Customer Services Team on 0870 60
10 100. Our lines are open from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, excluding
public holidays. These support options can also be viewed at;

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/services

Thank you for getting in touch.

Kind regards,

HOW USELESS is that???? 1 day to receive a response that could well be
automated. When you pay so much for Mircrosoft products and make a good
effort to fix the problem, at least you expect a good service back....

Hopefully in this forum someone will be inteligent enough to give me a
solution

Rick Rogers

Re: Unable to Update Windows Vista
Hi DB,

You may have better luck finding a proper solution in the Windows Update
group, this one is for trouble initially installing and setting up Vista.
Over there you will find MVP's and other regulars that are familiar with
these error codes and their resolution:

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/