Re-partition drive and install Vista

Bryan

Re-partition drive and install Vista
Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 6920 which came with a couple of EISA partitions.
I was wondering if I use another copy of Vista instead of the Acer Recovery
Discs and install it on a repartitioned hard drive without the EISA
partitions and use the OEM License that came with my computer will it work
for the installation, as the recovery discs seem to only want to install
when the hard drive is setup with the EISA partitions. I may want to do this
in the future so I thought I better find out now before I even try it.

Leroy

Re: Re-partition drive and install Vista
Nope, won't work. The Acer OEM product key for Vista will only be valid
with Acer's recovery method. In order to do as you propose, you'll need
to purchase a new "full version" of Windows Vista.

Bryan wrote:
> Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 6920 which came with a couple of EISA
> partitions. I was wondering if I use another copy of Vista instead of
> the Acer Recovery Discs and install it on a repartitioned hard drive
> without the EISA partitions and use the OEM License that came with my
> computer will it work for the installation, as the recovery discs seem
> to only want to install when the hard drive is setup with the EISA
> partitions. I may want to do this in the future so I thought I better
> find out now before I even try it.

Bryan

Re: Re-partition drive and install Vista
I understand, thank you for letting me know.