Best Class Action Suit

=?Utf-8?B?RWQ=?=

Best Class Action Suit
Can someone point me to where I can join the best class action suit for the
time and money wasted trying to upgrade from win xp pro sp2 to vista
business. After going through the process on two computers that passed the
upgrade advisor, and getting thru 2 reboots, only to have the process fail,
it is clear that Microsoft continues to offer a product that does not live up
to billing.
pete

Re: Best Class Action Suit
Spoken like a True Blue American...
If I can't get it to work it must be their fault............lets sue!!
peter
"Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone point me to where I can join the best class action suit for
> the
> time and money wasted trying to upgrade from win xp pro sp2 to vista
> business. After going through the process on two computers that passed
> the
> upgrade advisor, and getting thru 2 reboots, only to have the process
> fail,
> it is clear that Microsoft continues to offer a product that does not live
> up
> to billing.

Bruce Chambers

Re: Best Class Action Suit
"Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone point me to where I can join the best class action suit for
> the
> time and money wasted trying to upgrade from win xp pro sp2 to vista
> business. After going through the process on two computers that passed
> the
> upgrade advisor, and getting thru 2 reboots, only to have the process
> fail,
> it is clear that Microsoft continues to offer a product that does not live
> up
> to billing.

No, but I'm sure that if you look in the Yellow Pages of your local
phone book, I'm sure that you'll be able to find a New Horizons, ExecuTrain,
or other technical institute that'll be willing (for a fee, of course) to
teach your the rudiments of computer maintenance. You know, something like
an entry-level A+ class should impart the basic skills you apparently need.

--
Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin

Bill Yanaire

Could be PEBCAK
Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard

Just because you wasted your time, maybe you were negligent in performing
your duties with regards to the upgrade. Did you have the proper training
and expertise to perform such duties? Maybe your hardware is faulty. Who
knows.

If not, so you think you can sue MicroSquish for your shortcomings? Good
luck :-)

Maybe the people in this newsgroup will start a class action suite going
after people who post stupid messages!

"Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone point me to where I can join the best class action suit for
> the
> time and money wasted trying to upgrade from win xp pro sp2 to vista
> business. After going through the process on two computers that passed
> the
> upgrade advisor, and getting thru 2 reboots, only to have the process
> fail,
> it is clear that Microsoft continues to offer a product that does not live
> up
> to billing.

AJR

Re: Could be PEBCAK
Amen and Amen!

"Bill Yanaire" <BillYanaire@viceman.com> wrote in message
> Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard
>
> Just because you wasted your time, maybe you were negligent in performing
> your duties with regards to the upgrade. Did you have the proper training
> and expertise to perform such duties? Maybe your hardware is faulty. Who
> knows.
>
> If not, so you think you can sue MicroSquish for your shortcomings? Good
> luck :-)
>
> Maybe the people in this newsgroup will start a class action suite going
> after people who post stupid messages!
>

> "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Can someone point me to where I can join the best class action suit for
>> the
>> time and money wasted trying to upgrade from win xp pro sp2 to vista
>> business. After going through the process on two computers that passed
>> the
>> upgrade advisor, and getting thru 2 reboots, only to have the process
>> fail,
>> it is clear that Microsoft continues to offer a product that does not
>> live up
>> to billing.

Charlie Tame

Re: Best Class Action Suit
Please explain (in the most skilful impersonation of someone with technical
ability you can manage) what he supposedly did wrong?

I have machines that pass the upgrade test with no problem but Vista fails
to install on any of them. If you actually had any experience yourself you
might notice that during an OS install there's not much you can do apart
from answer a couple of simple questions...

> "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Can someone point me to where I can join the best class action suit for
>> the
>> time and money wasted trying to upgrade from win xp pro sp2 to vista
>> business. After going through the process on two computers that passed
>> the
>> upgrade advisor, and getting thru 2 reboots, only to have the process
>> fail,
>> it is clear that Microsoft continues to offer a product that does not
>> live up
>> to billing.

> No, but I'm sure that if you look in the Yellow Pages of your local
> phone book, I'm sure that you'll be able to find a New Horizons,
> ExecuTrain, or other technical institute that'll be willing (for a fee, of
> course) to teach your the rudiments of computer maintenance. You know,
> something like an entry-level A+ class should impart the basic skills you
> apparently need.
>

> --
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. -Bertrand
> Russell

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Best Class Action Suit
If the OP is unhappy with Vista, Microsoft offers a money back
guarantee program.
As for the Upgrade Advisor, I'm sure it comes with all sorts of
disclaimers. There is no way MS can guarantee certainty, given
the thousands of variations of PC hardware out there.

Gary VanderMolen

"Charlie Tame" <charlie@tames.net> wrote in message news:26BC0ABB-BC6A-42BC-9826-1BB21EE67005@microsoft.com...
> Please explain (in the most skilful impersonation of someone with technical ability you can manage) what he supposedly did
> wrong?
>
> I have machines that pass the upgrade test with no problem but Vista fails to install on any of them. If you actually had any
> experience yourself you might notice that during an OS install there's not much you can do apart from answer a couple of simple
> questions...
>

> "Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@cable0ne.n3t> wrote in message news:#xonAkWfHHA.4596@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA3E883E-A4E9-477C-81C3-02D53533F108@microsoft.com...
>>> Can someone point me to where I can join the best class action suit for the
>>> time and money wasted trying to upgrade from win xp pro sp2 to vista
>>> business. After going through the process on two computers that passed the
>>> upgrade advisor, and getting thru 2 reboots, only to have the process fail,
>>> it is clear that Microsoft continues to offer a product that does not live up
>>> to billing.

>> No, but I'm sure that if you look in the Yellow Pages of your local phone book, I'm sure that you'll be able to find a New
>> Horizons, ExecuTrain, or other technical institute that'll be willing (for a fee, of course) to teach your the rudiments of
>> computer maintenance. You know, something like an entry-level A+ class should impart the basic skills you apparently need.
>>

>> --
>> Bruce Chambers
>>
>> Help us help you:
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin
>> Franklin
>>
>> Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. -Bertrand Russell

Mike Hall - MS MVP

Re: Best Class Action Suit
Apart from coming in here looking for class action lawsuits?

The OP has given nothing to go on other than they both failed to upgrade..
we are told that both passed the UA, but did the OP do any research where
the UA wasn't sure about some stuff?

Did the OP disconnect all peripheral devices even though they may have been
passed by the UA?

Has the OP come here looking for help with the installations? No.. the OP
wants to sue MS.. well, Charlie, this isn't the place for that kind of
info..

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Charlie Tame

Re: Best Class Action Suit
I appreciate all of that but I saw nothing the OP said that justifies
treating him / her as an idiot.

This actual PC I am using for example - installing Vista results in a black
screen after a while and then nothing. In fact Vista has installed and is
saying "Press space bar" but the default drivers switch to a different
display so the user never sees the message.

Unless the user has seen this before, or just happens to guess, it appears
that the install has failed, yet advisor says it will work. Well, of course,
it does work, but nevertheless it would be understandable for a person with
only the one computer to become annoyed by the apparent deception.

Charlie

"Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> If the OP is unhappy with Vista, Microsoft offers a money back
> guarantee program.
> As for the Upgrade Advisor, I'm sure it comes with all sorts of
> disclaimers. There is no way MS can guarantee certainty, given
> the thousands of variations of PC hardware out there.
>
> Gary VanderMolen
>
> "Charlie Tame" <charlie@tames.net> wrote in message
>> Please explain (in the most skilful impersonation of someone with
>> technical ability you can manage) what he supposedly did wrong?
>>
>> I have machines that pass the upgrade test with no problem but Vista
>> fails to install on any of them. If you actually had any experience
>> yourself you might notice that during an OS install there's not much you
>> can do apart from answer a couple of simple questions...
>>

>> "Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@cable0ne.n3t> wrote in message
>>> "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> No, but I'm sure that if you look in the Yellow Pages of your local
>>> phone book, I'm sure that you'll be able to find a New Horizons,
>>> ExecuTrain, or other technical institute that'll be willing (for a fee,
>>> of course) to teach your the rudiments of computer maintenance. You
>>> know, something like an entry-level A+ class should impart the basic
>>> skills you apparently need.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Bruce Chambers
>>>
>>> Help us help you:
>>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>>>
>>> They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
>>> safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin
>>>
>>> Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. -Bertrand
>>> Russell

Mike Hall - MS MVP

Re: Best Class Action Suit
... and that is worth a class action lawsuit? Only in America..