I'm about to break my vista cherry. I have a few setup questions.

Giantpune

I'm about to break my vista cherry. I have a few setup questions.

Ok, I have ordered a bunch of pc parts. I am positive that they are all
compatible. They are all vista 64 compatible. I have already gotten
all the necessary drivers from the manufacturers' websites. I have
never loaded vista on a machine. So, having said that, here are my
questions --

After I put it all together, What do I need to do before I load
vista64?

I have 2 sata HDDs but I am not going to use RAID. Will I need to
install raid/sata drivers with F6 during the installation?

I am listing the main bits of the machine below. Will Vista's default
drivers be enough for me to get going so I can use the drivers that I
got from the manufacturers?

Asus M3N78 PRO Motherboard, 8GB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (4 x
2048MB), AMD Phenom 9500 Processor quadcore, EVGA GeForce 9400 GT
Video Card 1GBDDr2 , 1TB & 500GB Sata HDDs, Sony Sata DVD-RW

--
Giantpune
Brink

Re: I'm about to break my vista cherry. I have a few setup questions.

Giantpune;989012 Wrote:
> Ok, I have ordered a bunch of pc parts. I am positive that they are all
> compatible. They are all vista 64 compatible. I have already gotten all
> the necessary drivers from the manufacturers' websites. I have never
> loaded vista on a machine. So, having said that, here are my questions
> --
>
> After I put it all together, What do I need to do before I load
> vista64?
>
> I have 2 sata HDDs but I am not going to use RAID. Will I need to
> install raid/sata drivers with F6 during the installation?
>
> I am listing the main bits of the machine below. Will Vista's default
> drivers be enough for me to get going so I can use the drivers that I
> got from the manufacturers?
>
> Asus M3N78 PRO Motherboard, 8GB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (4 x 2048MB),
> AMD Phenom 9500 Processor quadcore, EVGA GeForce 9400 GT Video Card
> 1GBDDr2 , 1TB & 500GB Sata HDDs, Sony Sata DVD-RW

Hello Giantpune, and welcome to Vista forums.

You should be able to boot from the Vista installation dvd, select a
hard drive to install it to, and finish installing it without having to
install anything else until you are at the desktop in Vista. There you
will of course install all of your drivers, Windows Updates, and
activate Vista. It's pretty straight forward, but here is a tutorial to
help guide you along a clean install of Vista if needed.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11...ion-vista.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Giantpune

Re: I'm about to break my vista cherry. I have a few setup questions.

Ok. Well today when I got off work, all my parts were waiting for me.
I spent a few hours putting them together and everything booted up right
on the first try. I formatted the 500GB drive and put XP pro 64 on it.
Then I installed all the drivers without any trouble. And I couldn't
resist putting her to the test. XP 64 is completely up and running less
than 1 minute after I press the power button. I opened up 20 firefox
windows while installing photoshop cs4 and running 2 monitors at high
res.
I formatted the 1TB drive and installed Vista ultimate 64. Vista
was nice enough to automatically setup dual booting for me. The one
issue I did have with the vista setup is that the keyboard is stuck as
qwerty all the way through the setup process. I only had a dvarok
keyboard, so I had to go back afterward and change crap around once I
was able to get into the desktop and control panel. I also got some
weird error at the end of the installation with a whole bunch of hex
code and it said something about a disk not being in the drive. I just
clicked cancel and everything seems fine. It just seems like a bad way
to start my vista experience (with an error).

--
Giantpune
Brink

Re: I'm about to break my vista cherry. I have a few setup questions.

Yeah, Vista was designed to make the most use out of the hardware. This
can help show you how to speed up your computer's performance though.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/81...nce-vista.html

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
GS

Re: I'm about to break my vista cherry. I have a few setup questions.
most windows os are designed to install with US keyboard unless you
specifically get the appropriate non English version

However if remember correctly, vista ultimate does prompt you sometime for
keyboard