Problem upgrading Home Premium to Utimate (RED)

lvl477

Problem upgrading Home Premium to Utimate (RED)
I purchased a Dell Studio 1737 laptop with Vista Home Premium installed.

Recently, I upgraded to Ultimate PRODUCT (RED) so I would have the Microsoft
Office productivity pack. After the update (I used the DVD, not the
download) I had all of the "Ultimate" extras but no Office programs. Short
of attempting a clean install, is there anything I can do?

64-bit OS (Vista Ultimate v6.0.6001 SP1)
BIOS Version: 2.5
Intel Core2 Due CUP T6400 @ 2.00Ghz 2.00Ghz

320GB Hitachi ATA HDD (241GB free)
4GB Ram

--
~lvl477~
Richard G. Harper

Re: Problem upgrading Home Premium to Ultimate (RED)
No version of Windows comes with Microsoft Office included. If you believe
you should have gotten Office with your purchase you should talk to Dell.
By the way, the PRODUCT (RED) is a marketing ploy from Dell and not a
Windows version or product.

"lvl477" <lvl477@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I purchased a Dell Studio 1737 laptop with Vista Home Premium installed.
>
> Recently, I upgraded to Ultimate PRODUCT (RED) so I would have the
> Microsoft
> Office productivity pack. After the update (I used the DVD, not the
> download) I had all of the "Ultimate" extras but no Office programs.
> Short
> of attempting a clean install, is there anything I can do?
>

> 64-bit OS (Vista Ultimate v6.0.6001 SP1)
> BIOS Version: 2.5
> Intel Core2 Due CUP T6400 @ 2.00Ghz 2.00Ghz
>
> 320GB Hitachi ATA HDD (241GB free)
> 4GB Ram
>
> --
> ~lvl477~

Bruce Chambers

Re: Problem upgrading Home Premium to Utimate (RED)
lvl477 wrote:
> I purchased a Dell Studio 1737 laptop with Vista Home Premium installed.
>
> Recently, I upgraded to Ultimate PRODUCT (RED) so I would have the Microsoft
> Office productivity pack. After the update (I used the DVD, not the
> download) I had all of the "Ultimate" extras but no Office programs. Short
> of attempting a clean install, is there anything I can do?
>

> 64-bit OS (Vista Ultimate v6.0.6001 SP1)
> BIOS Version: 2.5
> Intel Core2 Due CUP T6400 @ 2.00Ghz 2.00Ghz
>
> 320GB Hitachi ATA HDD (241GB free)
> 4GB Ram

Neither the Microsoft Office application suite, nor any of its
individual component applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
Outlook, etc.), have _ever_ been "part" of *any* Windows operating
system. They are, and always have been, separate applications, that
must be purchased and installed separately. Microsoft Office comes
pre-installed on new computers only when the computer manufacturer
chooses to offer it, and the purchaser is willing to pay extra for it.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.