Dual Vista Boot Help

Vizion

Dual Vista Boot Help

hi i have 1 500GB Vista 64 bit Home Premium drive dedicated to my
Graphics programs and all the load of files that comes with the job it
was xp 32 bit until just a cple hours ago, i also have a 160GB vista HP
(same as above installed) this is for all my games and dedicated to
gaming.

I was running dual boot fine between XP and Vista now im running both
Vista it only reads my newly installed drive on boot and i have no boot
options as you do in XP/Vista installs, im a newbie to dual drives and
was wondering how to set it to have boot options now!

Thanks

--
Vizion
Vizion

Re: Dual Vista Boot Help

does anyone have any idea of how to set this up?

--
Vizion
John Barnett MVP

Re: Dual Vista Boot Help
Let me see if I've got this right.

Originally you had the following setup:

1/ Windows XP on your C: Drive
2/ Windows Vista on your D: Drive (or whatever drive letter your second
drive has)

You have since installed a copy of Vista onto your C: Drive, while also
keeping a copy of Vista on your D: Drive.

The problem is you no longer have a dual boot menu and the PC automatically
boots straight to a copy of Vista?

The entry for the 'other' version of Vista is not in the boot file. It can
be added using BCDedit but this is far from user friendly. What I suggest
you do is download a free application called VistaBootPro
(www.vistabootpro.org). Install it and then run VistaBootPro. When
VistaBootPro opens click the 'manage os entries' tab. At the bottom of the
page you will see an option marked 'add new OS entry.' Type in the name you
want to appear on the boot menu in the OS Name, in the OS Type box select
Vista. In the OS drive box select the drive that holds the second version of
Vista and then click Apply Updates. Now reboot and, hopefully, you should
have the option to boot into one or the other versions of Vista on your
system.

--
John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert

Web: http://www.winuser.co.uk
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com
Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Vizion" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> hi i have 1 500GB Vista 64 bit Home Premium drive dedicated to my
> Graphics programs and all the load of files that comes with the job it
> was xp 32 bit until just a cple hours ago, i also have a 160GB vista HP
> (same as above installed) this is for all my games and dedicated to
> gaming.
>
> I was running dual boot fine between XP and Vista now im running both
> Vista it only reads my newly installed drive on boot and i have no boot
> options as you do in XP/Vista installs, im a newbie to dual drives and
> was wondering how to set it to have boot options now!
>

> Thanks
>

> --
> Vizion

Vizion

Re: Dual Vista Boot Help

no i had XP on 1 then reformatted now running to separate Vista 64 bit
installs and wondering how i could get boot options like when you run XP
and Vista dual boot and thanks for the reply

--
Vizion
Vizion

Re: Dual Vista Boot Help

im going to buy the program tomorrow and give it a shot thanks alot man

--
Vizion
John Barnett MVP

Re: Dual Vista Boot Help
Vizion, don't do anything. Visit my website http://www.winuser.co.uk and
click on the Contact tab. Email me using the email address available on the
contact page. In the subject line put: Vizion Email as requested. Don't
forget to add this to the subject line otherwise your email will go into the
spam folder and be deleted.