Re: deleting a non installed update.

Alexios, please reply to my posts, not your original one, and continue the
crosspost to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup newsgroup.
Thank you.

Please (re)visit this section of Vista Help:

How do I get additional language files?
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...b5ecc1033.mspx

Expand the section "To get additional MUIs by using Windows Update." At the
bottom, you will see...

"Note: If Windows doesn't find any updates when you click Check for updates,
wait a day and then try again."

If you did, in fact, manage to properly uninstall the English-language MUI,
see if it's offered again after a day or so.

Additional reference:

Change the display language
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...7512d1033.mspx
--
~PA Bear

alexios goutsoulas wrote:
> ["by not giving everywhere the English translation as it have done
> before."]
> i mean that in some menus and dialogs instead of the English translation
> from the language pack, there is the Greek native language of the OS. this
> thing never happened the first time i installed the pack, but when i
> wanted
> to install the pack today it appeared these issues.
>
> the native language of my OS is Greek, and as i said when i click the
> download button on the windows update section of the control panel, the
> service doesn't download the pack but instead the pack is already on the
> pc
> because it immediately starts the installation. i even tried system
> restore,
> but still the same thing. i wonder if i could just delete the remaining
> language pack from my pc or everything that has a relation with it, and
> start over.

<paste>