Crash Problems with my Vista Ultimate

SaNga

Crash Problems with my Vista Ultimate

I just built me a new rigg and im having problems installing Vista
Ultimate 64-bit.After i do a fresh install and update all the drivers
it'll work for a few hours and all of a sudden my desktop dissapears and
all my problems are gone, i then try to restart it and first thing that
pops up is volume panel missing with a yellow exclaimation mark,my
wallpaper has dissapeared i try to open any file/game that i install
manually by going into the folder it say this program has been move or
no longer on this hdd.Im only using one hdd.This is my 4th time
installing vista 64 ult it happens everytime, and my vista has not last
two full days of use and it runs into the same problem.I thought it may
have been my hardware but i have checked them all out ran memtest rams
are good tested psu.Only thing i can come up with is that its either my
motherboard or it can be vista.I have until about the 17th of this month
to fix this problem if not i guess i would be returning board and cpu
and just return to windows pro.But if theres anybody out there that can
help me plz do thanks...

My set up
k9n2 sli plat
9850 BE Phenom
9800gtx+ sli
8gig 8500 ocz gold edition
500gig WD sata hdd
850w Seventeam Psu

--
SaNga
SaNga

Re: Crash Problems with my Vista Ultimate

also i would like to add that i do back up my files after i install all
the drivers/updates for the videocard/mobo/vista i made back up on cd
and created a system restore point, After vista crapped out on me i use
either and what would happen is when i double click on some of the games
or IE it would say program missing. Hope that helps..if you need any
more info let me know.

--
SaNga
DL

Re: Crash Problems with my Vista Ultimate
I guess the first Q is are you installing divers supplied with your HW or
are you using Visat default drivers.
And then why are you updating drivers after this?

"SaNga" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I just built me a new rigg and im having problems installing Vista
> Ultimate 64-bit.After i do a fresh install and update all the drivers
> it'll work for a few hours and all of a sudden my desktop dissapears and
> all my problems are gone, i then try to restart it and first thing that
> pops up is volume panel missing with a yellow exclaimation mark,my
> wallpaper has dissapeared i try to open any file/game that i install
> manually by going into the folder it say this program has been move or
> no longer on this hdd.Im only using one hdd.This is my 4th time
> installing vista 64 ult it happens everytime, and my vista has not last
> two full days of use and it runs into the same problem.I thought it may
> have been my hardware but i have checked them all out ran memtest rams
> are good tested psu.Only thing i can come up with is that its either my
> motherboard or it can be vista.I have until about the 17th of this month
> to fix this problem if not i guess i would be returning board and cpu
> and just return to windows pro.But if theres anybody out there that can
> help me plz do thanks...
>

> My set up
> k9n2 sli plat
> 9850 BE Phenom
> 9800gtx+ sli
> 8gig 8500 ocz gold edition
> 500gig WD sata hdd
> 850w Seventeam Psu
>

> --
> SaNga

SaNga

Re: Crash Problems with my Vista Ultimate

Im installing vista drivers from windows update and my
videocard/mobo/soundcard driver from website, after everything is
updated it will work for a few hours before vista just crapp out on
me.What im doing now is just doing a fresh install of vista and updating
only vista drivers to see if it is my hardware that is causing the
problem.

--
SaNga
DL

Re: Crash Problems with my Vista Ultimate
You dont install drivers from MS Update, unless they are for MS hardware