4 Go RAM won't work with motherboard Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv9000 (GA075UA#ABC)

Luc Martinet

4 Go RAM won't work with motherboard Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv9000 (GA075UA#ABC)
Hi,

I changed my 2 Go RAM for 4 Go RAM to boost Vista and to run Vista 64 bits.
The OS woks well, but when I want to reinstall it by booting the system with
the DVD, I get a blue screen with the 4 Go RAM, due to a lack of voltage.

This is what Evrest gives me with the 2 Go Ram :

Mother Board:
Type de processeur Mobile DualCore AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50, 1600 MHz (8
x 200)
Name of mother board : Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv9000 (GA075UA#ABC)
Mother board Chipset : nVIDIA GeForce Go 6150, AMD Hammer
Mémoire système [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DIMM1: Samsung M4 70T6554EZ3-CE6 512 Mo DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @
333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)
Type de BIOS Phoenix (08/01/08)

And this is with the 4 Go :

Carte mère:
Type de processeur Mobile DualCore AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50, 1600 MHz (8
x 200)
Name of mother board : Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv9000 (GA075UA#ABC)
Chipset de la carte mère nVIDIA GeForce Go 6150, AMD Hammer
Mémoire système [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DIMM1: Avant Tech. 2 Go DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz)
(4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)
DIMM2: Avant Tech. [ TRIAL VERSION ]
Type de BIOS Phoenix (08/01/08)

This was taken under Windows 7 and I don't have the name of the new 2 Go RAM
sticks, but I think it might be Corsair. There is no name written on it but
there is a sticker with this information on it :

2GB-DDR2 PC5300 NB
122100040908WL

I use them since last spring, but only noticed today that they produce more
heat the the original RAM.

Could someone help me to find out how to configure the voltage for this?

Thank you,

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: 4 Go RAM won't work with motherboard Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv9000 (GA075UA#ABC)
Your RAM is mis-matched. You need to install the correct RAM.
Visit www.crucial.com and run the RAM configurator.

"Luc Martinet" <martinNOetl@hotmSPAMail.com> wrote in message news:020D24AD-585C-478C-A905-99076947174E@microsoft.com...
[...]

I see... Any way to cheat with it? Overclocking, etc.?

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
groupe de discussion : 5D7982B1-37BA-4D83-8ED3-FD2F9727760B@microsoft.com...
> Your RAM is mis-matched. You need to install the correct RAM.
> Visit www.crucial.com and run the RAM configurator.
>

> "Luc Martinet" <martinNOetl@hotmSPAMail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I changed my 2 Go RAM for 4 Go RAM to boost Vista and to run Vista 64
> bits.
> The OS woks well, but when I want to reinstall it by booting the system
> with
> the DVD, I get a blue screen with the 4 Go RAM, due to a lack of voltage.
>
> This is what Evrest gives me with the 2 Go Ram :
>
> Mother Board:
> Type de processeur Mobile DualCore AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50, 1600 MHz (8
> x 200)
> Name of mother board : Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv9000 (GA075UA#ABC)
> Mother board Chipset : nVIDIA GeForce Go 6150, AMD Hammer
> Mémoire système [ TRIAL VERSION ]
> DIMM1: Samsung M4 70T6554EZ3-CE6 512 Mo DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15
> @
> 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)
> Type de BIOS Phoenix (08/01/08)
>
> And this is with the 4 Go :
>
> Carte mère:
> Type de processeur Mobile DualCore AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50, 1600 MHz (8
> x 200)
> Name of mother board : Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv9000 (GA075UA#ABC)
> Chipset de la carte mère nVIDIA GeForce Go 6150, AMD Hammer
> Mémoire système [ TRIAL VERSION ]
> DIMM1: Avant Tech. 2 Go DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz)
> (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)
> DIMM2: Avant Tech. [ TRIAL VERSION ]
> Type de BIOS Phoenix (08/01/08)
>
> This was taken under Windows 7 and I don't have the name of the new 2 Go
> RAM
> sticks, but I think it might be Corsair. There is no name written on it
> but
> there is a sticker with this information on it :
>
> 2GB-DDR2 PC5300 NB
> 122100040908WL
>
> I use them since last spring, but only noticed today that they produce
> more
> heat the the original RAM.
>
> Could someone help me to find out how to configure the voltage for this?
>
> Thank you,

Peter Foldes

Re: 4 Go RAM won't work with motherboard Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv9000 (GA075UA#ABC)
No. Mismatched means that they are not the same. The size makes no difference but
they all need to be the exact same. You cannot mix 2 by X with 2 by Y

--
Peter

>I see... Any way to cheat with it? Overclocking, etc.?
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe
> de discussion : 5D7982B1-37BA-4D83-8ED3-FD2F9727760B@microsoft.com...
>> Your RAM is mis-matched. You need to install the correct RAM.
>> Visit www.crucial.com and run the RAM configurator.
>>

>> "Luc Martinet" <martinNOetl@hotmSPAMail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I changed my 2 Go RAM for 4 Go RAM to boost Vista and to run Vista 64 bits.
>> The OS woks well, but when I want to reinstall it by booting the system with
>> the DVD, I get a blue screen with the 4 Go RAM, due to a lack of voltage.
>>
>> This is what Evrest gives me with the 2 Go Ram :
>>
>> Mother Board:
>> Type de processeur Mobile DualCore AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50, 1600 MHz (8
>> x 200)
>> Name of mother board : Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv9000 (GA075UA#ABC)
>> Mother board Chipset : nVIDIA GeForce Go 6150, AMD Hammer
>> Mémoire système [ TRIAL VERSION ]
>> DIMM1: Samsung M4 70T6554EZ3-CE6 512 Mo DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @
>> 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)
>> Type de BIOS Phoenix (08/01/08)
>>
>> And this is with the 4 Go :
>>
>> Carte mère:
>> Type de processeur Mobile DualCore AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50, 1600 MHz (8
>> x 200)
>> Name of mother board : Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv9000 (GA075UA#ABC)
>> Chipset de la carte mère nVIDIA GeForce Go 6150, AMD Hammer
>> Mémoire système [ TRIAL VERSION ]
>> DIMM1: Avant Tech. 2 Go DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz)
>> (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)
>> DIMM2: Avant Tech. [ TRIAL VERSION ]
>> Type de BIOS Phoenix (08/01/08)
>>
>> This was taken under Windows 7 and I don't have the name of the new 2 Go RAM
>> sticks, but I think it might be Corsair. There is no name written on it but
>> there is a sticker with this information on it :
>>
>> 2GB-DDR2 PC5300 NB
>> 122100040908WL
>>
>> I use them since last spring, but only noticed today that they produce more
>> heat the the original RAM.
>>
>> Could someone help me to find out how to configure the voltage for this?
>>
>> Thank you,

Luc Martinet

Re: 4 Go RAM won't work with motherboard Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv9000 (GA075UA#ABC)
Ok. I was wondering because I used them for the last year and my computer
worked well, except that I could not run Vista 64 installation disc. It
says on www.crucial.com that my mother board can not accept more that 2 Go
in total. So my two 2 Go sticks are good for the garbage. Thank you Best
Buy Geek Squad...

Real thanks to you all that helped me. If anyone sees an other solution to
my problem, feel free...

"Peter Foldes" <okf122@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : eumFsy7mJHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> No. Mismatched means that they are not the same. The size makes no
> difference but they all need to be the exact same. You cannot mix 2 by X
> with 2 by Y
>
> --
> Peter

> "Luc Martinet" <martinNOetl@hotmSPAMail.com> wrote in message
>>I see... Any way to cheat with it? Overclocking, etc.?
>>
>> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> a écrit dans le message
>> de groupe de discussion :
>> 5D7982B1-37BA-4D83-8ED3-FD2F9727760B@microsoft.com...
>>> Your RAM is mis-matched. You need to install the correct RAM.
>>> Visit www.crucial.com and run the RAM configurator.
>>>

>>> "Luc Martinet" <martinNOetl@hotmSPAMail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I changed my 2 Go RAM for 4 Go RAM to boost Vista and to run Vista 64
>>> bits.
>>> The OS woks well, but when I want to reinstall it by booting the system
>>> with
>>> the DVD, I get a blue screen with the 4 Go RAM, due to a lack of
>>> voltage.
>>>
>>> This is what Evrest gives me with the 2 Go Ram :
>>>
>>> Mother Board:
>>> Type de processeur Mobile DualCore AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50, 1600 MHz
>>> (8
>>> x 200)
>>> Name of mother board : Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv9000
>>> (GA075UA#ABC)
>>> Mother board Chipset : nVIDIA GeForce Go 6150, AMD Hammer
>>> Mémoire système [ TRIAL VERSION ]
>>> DIMM1: Samsung M4 70T6554EZ3-CE6 512 Mo DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM
>>> (5-5-5-15 @
>>> 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)
>>> Type de BIOS Phoenix (08/01/08)
>>>
>>> And this is with the 4 Go :
>>>
>>> Carte mère:
>>> Type de processeur Mobile DualCore AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50, 1600 MHz
>>> (8
>>> x 200)
>>> Name of mother board : Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv9000
>>> (GA075UA#ABC)
>>> Chipset de la carte mère nVIDIA GeForce Go 6150, AMD Hammer
>>> Mémoire système [ TRIAL VERSION ]
>>> DIMM1: Avant Tech. 2 Go DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz)
>>> (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)
>>> DIMM2: Avant Tech. [ TRIAL VERSION ]
>>> Type de BIOS Phoenix (08/01/08)
>>>
>>> This was taken under Windows 7 and I don't have the name of the new 2 Go
>>> RAM
>>> sticks, but I think it might be Corsair. There is no name written on it
>>> but
>>> there is a sticker with this information on it :
>>>
>>> 2GB-DDR2 PC5300 NB
>>> 122100040908WL
>>>
>>> I use them since last spring, but only noticed today that they produce
>>> more
>>> heat the the original RAM.
>>>
>>> Could someone help me to find out how to configure the voltage for this?
>>>
>>> Thank you,

Gene E. Bloch

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 23:58:23 -0500, Peter Foldes wrote:

> No. Mismatched means that they are not the same. The size makes no difference but
> they all need to be the exact same. You cannot mix 2 by X with 2 by Y

That varies with the motherboard. *Everything* pertaining to RAM varies
with the motherboard. That's why buying RAM is such a crapshoot :-(

I once had two identical RAM cards of different brands in a laptop (the
second was meant as an expansion). If I put A in socket 1 and B in socket
2, the computer only saw one stick; if I reversed them it saw both. Just an
anecdote ;-)

--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom
Gary M

Re: 4 Go RAM won't work with motherboard Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv9000 (GA075UA#ABC)
If you can't install Vista 64 then you probably don't have a 64 bit CPU.
Your problem is not the amount of ram that you have. You can install Vista
64 bit on a machine with a lot less than 4GB of ram. For example I can
install it on my machine with only 2GB of ram (I have 6 GB or ram but can
run Windows 64bit with only one of my ram sticks installed).

Or am I reading your message wrong and you have two Go sticks of ram that
don't add up to enough ram capacity to allow the 64 bit Vista to install, as
I think the minimum is 512 MB to install Vista or something like that?

As for mismatched, that would only apply if you want to enable dual channel
or triple channel if your motherboard supports it.

"Luc Martinet" <martinNOetl@hotmSPAMail.com> wrote in message
newsF4562D8-FDB0-4F28-8CB1-14E60B0DD483@microsoft.com...
> Ok. I was wondering because I used them for the last year and my computer
> worked well, except that I could not run Vista 64 installation disc. It
> says on www.crucial.com that my mother board can not accept more that 2 Go
> in total. So my two 2 Go sticks are good for the garbage. Thank you Best
> Buy Geek Squad...
>
> Real thanks to you all that helped me. If anyone sees an other solution
> to my problem, feel free...
>
> "Peter Foldes" <okf122@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
> discussion : eumFsy7mJHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> No. Mismatched means that they are not the same. The size makes no
>> difference but they all need to be the exact same. You cannot mix 2 by X
>> with 2 by Y
>>
>> --
>> Peter

>> "Luc Martinet" <martinNOetl@hotmSPAMail.com> wrote in message
>>>I see... Any way to cheat with it? Overclocking, etc.?
>>>
>>> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> a écrit dans le message
>>> de groupe de discussion :
>>> 5D7982B1-37BA-4D83-8ED3-FD2F9727760B@microsoft.com...

Re: 4 Go RAM won't work with motherboard Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv9000 (GA075UA#ABC)

"Luc Martinet" wrote
> Ok. I was wondering because I used them for the last year and my computer
> worked well, except that I could not run Vista 64 installation disc. It
> says on www.crucial.com that my mother board can not accept more that 2 Go
> in total. So my two 2 Go sticks are good for the garbage. Thank you Best
> Buy Geek Squad...
>
> Real thanks to you all that helped me. If anyone sees an other solution
> to my problem, feel free...
>
> "Peter Foldes" <okf122@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
> discussion : eumFsy7mJHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> No. Mismatched means that they are not the same. The size makes no
>> difference but they all need to be the exact same. You cannot mix 2 by X
>> with 2 by Y
>>
>> --
>> Peter

>> "Luc Martinet" <martinNOetl@hotmSPAMail.com> wrote in message
>>>I see... Any way to cheat with it? Overclocking, etc.?
>>>
>>> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> a écrit dans le message
>>> de groupe de discussion :
>>> 5D7982B1-37BA-4D83-8ED3-FD2F9727760B@microsoft.com...

Check this from HP site

Maintenance and Service
Guide
HP Pavilion dv9000 and dv9200
Notebook PC
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01311536.pdf

David B.

Re: 4 Go RAM won't work with motherboard Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv9000 (GA075UA#ABC)
What is Go RAM?? You cannot overclock an HP, they purposely don't provide
the required BIOS settings.

"Luc Martinet" <martinNOetl@hotmSPAMail.com> wrote in message
>I see... Any way to cheat with it? Overclocking, etc.?
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> a écrit dans le message
> de groupe de discussion :
> 5D7982B1-37BA-4D83-8ED3-FD2F9727760B@microsoft.com...
>> Your RAM is mis-matched. You need to install the correct RAM.
>> Visit www.crucial.com and run the RAM configurator.
>>

>> "Luc Martinet" <martinNOetl@hotmSPAMail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I changed my 2 Go RAM for 4 Go RAM to boost Vista and to run Vista 64
>> bits.
>> The OS woks well, but when I want to reinstall it by booting the system
>> with
>> the DVD, I get a blue screen with the 4 Go RAM, due to a lack of voltage.
>>
>> This is what Evrest gives me with the 2 Go Ram :
>>
>> Mother Board:
>> Type de processeur Mobile DualCore AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50, 1600 MHz
>> (8
>> x 200)
>> Name of mother board : Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv9000 (GA075UA#ABC)
>> Mother board Chipset : nVIDIA GeForce Go 6150, AMD Hammer
>> Mémoire système [ TRIAL VERSION ]
>> DIMM1: Samsung M4 70T6554EZ3-CE6 512 Mo DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15
>> @
>> 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)
>> Type de BIOS Phoenix (08/01/08)
>>
>> And this is with the 4 Go :
>>
>> Carte mère:
>> Type de processeur Mobile DualCore AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50, 1600 MHz
>> (8
>> x 200)
>> Name of mother board : Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv9000
>> (GA075UA#ABC)
>> Chipset de la carte mère nVIDIA GeForce Go 6150, AMD Hammer
>> Mémoire système [ TRIAL VERSION ]
>> DIMM1: Avant Tech. 2 Go DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz)
>> (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)
>> DIMM2: Avant Tech. [ TRIAL VERSION ]
>> Type de BIOS Phoenix (08/01/08)
>>
>> This was taken under Windows 7 and I don't have the name of the new 2 Go
>> RAM
>> sticks, but I think it might be Corsair. There is no name written on it
>> but
>> there is a sticker with this information on it :
>>
>> 2GB-DDR2 PC5300 NB
>> 122100040908WL
>>
>> I use them since last spring, but only noticed today that they produce
>> more
>> heat the the original RAM.
>>
>> Could someone help me to find out how to configure the voltage for this?
>>
>> Thank you,

Curious

Re: 4 Go RAM won't work with motherboard Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv9000 (GA075UA#ABC)
I think the OP meant to say GB and not Go and for some reason did not
correct this in his later responses.