Desktop.ini is in the root directory of the Vista installation CD?

-

Desktop.ini is in the root directory of the Vista installation CD?
Because I have a virus, I have reformatted about six times. Yet, the
processes associated with the virus pop up in the task manager - even before
I connect to the internet. Yesterday, I discovered that the file Desktop.ini
was showing up in my CD root directory. The file has been popping up all over
my computer. Sometimes, two sit on my desktop. I checked the timestamp on
the discovered file, and it was the time of my last reformat. Though it
presented in the CD drive, the file path reflected that the file was in the
C: drive - under the Temporary Burn Folder. Can anyone explain what is going
on here?

Thanks in advance
Dave

Re: Desktop.ini is in the root directory of the Vista installation CD?
LOL...
those are normal.. they are settings files for each folder.
change the Folder and Search Options - View - [x] Hide protected operating
system files", and you won't see them.

--
Windows 7 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"-" <-@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Because I have a virus, I have reformatted about six times. Yet, the
> processes associated with the virus pop up in the task manager - even
> before
> I connect to the internet. Yesterday, I discovered that the file
> Desktop.ini
> was showing up in my CD root directory. The file has been popping up all
> over
> my computer. Sometimes, two sit on my desktop. I checked the timestamp on
> the discovered file, and it was the time of my last reformat. Though it
> presented in the CD drive, the file path reflected that the file was in
> the
> C: drive - under the Temporary Burn Folder. Can anyone explain what is
> going
> on here?
>
> Thanks in advance

-

Re: Desktop.ini is in the root directory of the Vista installation
Thanks... Do you(or does anyone else) have any idea why DCOM applications
would be running just after my reformat and just before I connect to the
internet - even if I am not suppoed to be on a server?