License 32 and 64 bits doubt

uyyy

License 32 and 64 bits doubt
Hello.
I have a license of vista business and dvd media is for 32 bits. I used this
version on my old machine Microsoft send me now a 64 bits version for my new
machine but when i try to activate license it shows me that it is in use.
How do i can activate again ?

Thanks.

Curious

Re: License 32 and 64 bits doubt
Use phone activation so that the 32 bit activation will be disabled.

"uyyy" <jperezme@ono.com> wrote in message
> Hello.
> I have a license of vista business and dvd media is for 32 bits. I used
> this version on my old machine Microsoft send me now a 64 bits version for
> my new machine but when i try to activate license it shows me that it is
> in use. How do i can activate again ?
>
> Thanks.

Mike Brannigan

> Hello.
> I have a license of vista business and dvd media is for 32 bits. I used
> this version on my old machine Microsoft send me now a 64 bits version for
> my new machine but when i try to activate license it shows me that it is
> in use. How do i can activate again ?
>
> Thanks.

You have ONE license for Windows Vista. You have received alternative
64-media for your ONE license.
So if you want to use this 64-bit edition on another machine then you have 2
choices.
1. remove the install on the other machine first then activate on the new
machine by telephone.
2. BUY a send license for your second machine and use that activation key
with you new media.

Unless you buy a second license you may not have Vista installed on two
machines if you only own one license. It has been this way for a long time
on previous version of Windows too.

Remember it is one license required per machine you install to.

--

Mike Brannigan

Curious

Re: License 32 and 64 bits doubt
As long as you are no longer using your old machine you can install the 64
bit version on your new machine and then use phone activation and tell them
you are no longer using the old machine and then MS will disable the old
machine from normal updates and activate your new machine. It is a free no
brainer procedure and takes about 10 minutes.

"Mike Brannigan" <Mike.Brannigan@localhost> wrote in message
> "uyyy" <jperezme@ono.com> wrote in message
>> Hello.
>> I have a license of vista business and dvd media is for 32 bits. I used
>> this version on my old machine Microsoft send me now a 64 bits version
>> for my new machine but when i try to activate license it shows me that it
>> is in use. How do i can activate again ?
>>
>> Thanks.

> You have ONE license for Windows Vista. You have received alternative
> 64-media for your ONE license.
> So if you want to use this 64-bit edition on another machine then you have
> 2 choices.
> 1. remove the install on the other machine first then activate on the new
> machine by telephone.
> 2. BUY a send license for your second machine and use that activation key
> with you new media.
>
> Unless you buy a second license you may not have Vista installed on two
> machines if you only own one license. It has been this way for a long
> time on previous version of Windows too.
>
> Remember it is one license required per machine you install to.
>
> --
>
> Mike Brannigan

Mike Brannigan

"Curious" <mailmenot@nomail.com> wrote in message
> As long as you are no longer using your old machine you can install the 64
> bit version on your new machine and then use phone activation and tell
> them you are no longer using the old machine and then MS will disable the
> old machine from normal updates and activate your new machine. It is a
> free no brainer procedure and takes about 10 minutes.

That is not correct. If you activate a second machine using telephone
activation the first machine is not deactivated in anyway, it is not
prevented from using windows update or anything else. The purpose of
telephone ACTIVATION is to activate the license on the other machine - no
action is taken about the previous one.
Also it is not about "no longer using" the old machine - you must actually
remove the installed and licensed copy of Windows (if the machine is still
operable) to be in compliance with the terms of the end user license
agreement., as your license use is deemed to occurs at the install of the
product not activation.
Finally unless you have the right to use the e-mail address you are posting
here with , you could be causing spam mail to be sent to the legititimate
mail servers behind the registered nomail.com domain, you should not use any
form of a real registered domain name for a fake e-mail address you are
using in newsgroups that are trawled by "bots" to harvest mail addresses for
junk mail sending (use an invalid one instead)

--

Mike Brannigan

> "Mike Brannigan" <Mike.Brannigan@localhost> wrote in message
>> "uyyy" <jperezme@ono.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello.
>>> I have a license of vista business and dvd media is for 32 bits. I used
>>> this version on my old machine Microsoft send me now a 64 bits version
>>> for my new machine but when i try to activate license it shows me that
>>> it is in use. How do i can activate again ?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

>> You have ONE license for Windows Vista. You have received alternative
>> 64-media for your ONE license.
>> So if you want to use this 64-bit edition on another machine then you
>> have 2 choices.
>> 1. remove the install on the other machine first then activate on the new
>> machine by telephone.
>> 2. BUY a send license for your second machine and use that activation key
>> with you new media.
>>
>> Unless you buy a second license you may not have Vista installed on two
>> machines if you only own one license. It has been this way for a long
>> time on previous version of Windows too.
>>
>> Remember it is one license required per machine you install to.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Mike Brannigan

Curious

Re: License 32 and 64 bits doubt
Thank you for correcting me I had been under the impression that it you
activated a license on a new machine that it you tried to use WinUpdate from
the old machine that you would only get security updates and not others.