Blue Screen at the Installation on Vista 64 bits

Luc Martinet

Blue Screen at the Installation on Vista 64 bits
Hi,

When I boot my computer with Vista 64 , I always get a blue screen with the
following error message :

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your
computer. If the screen appears again, follow these steps :
Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driveris identified in
the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for
drivers updates. Try changing video adapters.
Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updated. Disable BIOS memory
options such as catching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to
remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select
Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.
Thecnical informations:
*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFA600117F603,
0xFFFFFA6002D84ED8, 0xFFFFFA6002D848B0)
*** fltmgr.sys - Adress FFFFFA600117F603 base at FFFFFA600115C000.
DateStamp 47919082

Same thing with Windows 7. But, with Vista 32 bits DVD, no problem. I
suspect my DVD burner to be the problem, since it make the hell of a noise
at the startup with Vista 64 an Windows 7 DVD's.

Could you please hepl me to solve that problem and to decrypt that error
message?

My computer is a HP Pavillon DV9000 with an AMD Turion 64 processor and 4 Go
of RAM.

I was able to install Vista 64 before. There was a blue screen sometimes,
but now, it's all the time.

Thank you.

Curious

Re: Blue Screen at the Installation on Vista 64 bits
Reduce the ram to 2GB and try again. If it installs ok and works for a
couple of days then try upgrading to 4GB.

"Luc Martinet" <martiNOnetl@hotmSPAMail.com> wrote in message
newsBF6CCFC-1EDB-47D2-8093-1707F1375559@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> When I boot my computer with Vista 64 , I always get a blue screen with
> the following error message :
>
> A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent
> damage to your computer.
> If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your
> computer. If the screen appears again, follow these steps :
> Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driveris identified
> in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for
> drivers updates. Try changing video adapters.
> Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updated. Disable BIOS memory
> options such as catching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to
> remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select
> Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.
> Thecnical informations:
> *** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFA600117F603,
> 0xFFFFFA6002D84ED8, 0xFFFFFA6002D848B0)
> *** fltmgr.sys - Adress FFFFFA600117F603 base at FFFFFA600115C000.
> DateStamp 47919082
>
> Same thing with Windows 7. But, with Vista 32 bits DVD, no problem. I
> suspect my DVD burner to be the problem, since it make the hell of a noise
> at the startup with Vista 64 an Windows 7 DVD's.
>
> Could you please hepl me to solve that problem and to decrypt that error
> message?
>
> My computer is a HP Pavillon DV9000 with an AMD Turion 64 processor and 4
> Go of RAM.
>
> I was able to install Vista 64 before. There was a blue screen sometimes,
> but now, it's all the time.
>
> Thank you.

Luc Martinet

Re: Blue Screen at the Installation on Vista 64 bits
Can I do it without physically removing the RAM?
"Curious" <mailmenot@nomail.com> a écrit dans le message de
> Reduce the ram to 2GB and try again. If it installs ok and works for a
> couple of days then try upgrading to 4GB.
>
> "Luc Martinet" <martiNOnetl@hotmSPAMail.com> wrote in message
> newsBF6CCFC-1EDB-47D2-8093-1707F1375559@microsoft.com...
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I boot my computer with Vista 64 , I always get a blue screen with
>> the following error message :
>>
>> A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent
>> damage to your computer.
>> If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart
>> your computer. If the screen appears again, follow these steps :
>> Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driveris identified
>> in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer
>> for drivers updates. Try changing video adapters.
>> Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updated. Disable BIOS
>> memory options such as catching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe
>> Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to
>> select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.
>> Thecnical informations:
>> *** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFA600117F603,
>> 0xFFFFFA6002D84ED8, 0xFFFFFA6002D848B0)
>> *** fltmgr.sys - Adress FFFFFA600117F603 base at FFFFFA600115C000.
>> DateStamp 47919082
>>
>> Same thing with Windows 7. But, with Vista 32 bits DVD, no problem. I
>> suspect my DVD burner to be the problem, since it make the hell of a
>> noise at the startup with Vista 64 an Windows 7 DVD's.
>>
>> Could you please hepl me to solve that problem and to decrypt that error
>> message?
>>
>> My computer is a HP Pavillon DV9000 with an AMD Turion 64 processor and 4
>> Go of RAM.
>>
>> I was able to install Vista 64 before. There was a blue screen
>> sometimes, but now, it's all the time.
>>
>> Thank you.

Curious

Re: Blue Screen at the Installation on Vista 64 bits
AFAIK no.

> Can I do it without physically removing the RAM?
> "Curious" <mailmenot@nomail.com> a écrit dans le message de
>> Reduce the ram to 2GB and try again. If it installs ok and works for a
>> couple of days then try upgrading to 4GB.
>>
>> "Luc Martinet" <martiNOnetl@hotmSPAMail.com> wrote in message
>> newsBF6CCFC-1EDB-47D2-8093-1707F1375559@microsoft.com...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> When I boot my computer with Vista 64 , I always get a blue screen with
>>> the following error message :
>>>
>>> A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent
>>> damage to your computer.
>>> If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart
>>> your computer. If the screen appears again, follow these steps :
>>> Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driveris identified
>>> in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer
>>> for drivers updates. Try changing video adapters.
>>> Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updated. Disable BIOS
>>> memory options such as catching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe
>>> Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to
>>> select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.
>>> Thecnical informations:
>>> *** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFA600117F603,
>>> 0xFFFFFA6002D84ED8, 0xFFFFFA6002D848B0)
>>> *** fltmgr.sys - Adress FFFFFA600117F603 base at FFFFFA600115C000.
>>> DateStamp 47919082
>>>
>>> Same thing with Windows 7. But, with Vista 32 bits DVD, no problem. I
>>> suspect my DVD burner to be the problem, since it make the hell of a
>>> noise at the startup with Vista 64 an Windows 7 DVD's.
>>>
>>> Could you please hepl me to solve that problem and to decrypt that error
>>> message?
>>>
>>> My computer is a HP Pavillon DV9000 with an AMD Turion 64 processor and
>>> 4 Go of RAM.
>>>
>>> I was able to install Vista 64 before. There was a blue screen
>>> sometimes, but now, it's all the time.
>>>
>>> Thank you.

Luc Martinet

Re: Blue Screen at the Installation on Vista 64 bits
Thyank you for you help. I will wait to see if there is an other way to
solve that problem permanently. I don't want to have to unscrew my RAM
everytime I want to format and reinstall Vista. But, for me, I fell really
screwed by Microsoft...

> AFAIK no.
>
> "Luc Martinet" <martiNOnetl@hotmSPAMail.com> wrote in message
>> Can I do it without physically removing the RAM?
>> "Curious" <mailmenot@nomail.com> a écrit dans le message de
>>> Reduce the ram to 2GB and try again. If it installs ok and works for a
>>> couple of days then try upgrading to 4GB.
>>>
>>> "Luc Martinet" <martiNOnetl@hotmSPAMail.com> wrote in message
>>> newsBF6CCFC-1EDB-47D2-8093-1707F1375559@microsoft.com...

Curious

Re: Blue Screen at the Installation on Vista 64 bits
The reason for trying to install with 2GB of ram instead of 4GB is to find
out if the problem with 4GB is due to not enough power available at the
voltage setting in your BIOS so support the 4GB of memory sticks you have
installed it is not due to any known Vista software problems.

> Thyank you for you help. I will wait to see if there is an other way to
> solve that problem permanently. I don't want to have to unscrew my RAM
> everytime I want to format and reinstall Vista. But, for me, I fell
> really screwed by Microsoft...
>
> "Curious" <mailmenot@nomail.com> a écrit dans le message de
>> AFAIK no.
>>
>> "Luc Martinet" <martiNOnetl@hotmSPAMail.com> wrote in message
>>> Can I do it without physically removing the RAM?

Luc Martinet

Re: Blue Screen at the Installation on Vista 64 bits
Oh, ok. Great answer! It could be it... Because I added 2 Go of RAM to
the computer. But, I don't see anywhere in my BIOS settings where to
change the voltage.

> The reason for trying to install with 2GB of ram instead of 4GB is to find
> out if the problem with 4GB is due to not enough power available at the
> voltage setting in your BIOS so support the 4GB of memory sticks you have
> installed it is not due to any known Vista software problems.
>
> "Luc Martinet" <martiNOnetl@hotmSPAMail.com> wrote in message
>> Thyank you for you help. I will wait to see if there is an other way to
>> solve that problem permanently. I don't want to have to unscrew my RAM
>> everytime I want to format and reinstall Vista. But, for me, I fell
>> really screwed by Microsoft...
>>
>> "Curious" <mailmenot@nomail.com> a écrit dans le message de
>>> AFAIK no.

NotEvenMe

Re: Blue Screen at the Installation on Vista 64 bits
in most cases, you can't change the ram voltage, but if the power supply or
motherboard is not providing enough current, it can cause issues.

> Oh, ok. Great answer! It could be it... Because I added 2 Go of RAM to
> the computer. But, I don't see anywhere in my BIOS settings where to
> change the voltage.
>
> "Curious" <mailmenot@nomail.com> a écrit dans le message de
>> The reason for trying to install with 2GB of ram instead of 4GB is to
>> find out if the problem with 4GB is due to not enough power available at
>> the voltage setting in your BIOS so support the 4GB of memory sticks you
>> have installed it is not due to any known Vista software problems.
>>
>> "Luc Martinet" <martiNOnetl@hotmSPAMail.com> wrote in message
>>> Thyank you for you help. I will wait to see if there is an other way to
>>> solve that problem permanently. I don't want to have to unscrew my RAM
>>> everytime I want to format and reinstall Vista. But, for me, I fell
>>> really screwed by Microsoft...

Curious

Re: Blue Screen at the Installation on Vista 64 bits
Don't make any BIOS changes until you confirm that the system will run with
only 2GB of memory physically installed.
Then make a new post whose subject is something like "4GB of model memory
won't work on model yyyy motherboard"

"Luc Martinet" <martiNOnetl@hotmSPAMail.com> wrote in message
> Oh, ok. Great answer! It could be it... Because I added 2 Go of RAM to
> the computer. But, I don't see anywhere in my BIOS settings where to
> change the voltage.
>
> "Curious" <mailmenot@nomail.com> a écrit dans le message de
>> The reason for trying to install with 2GB of ram instead of 4GB is to
>> find out if the problem with 4GB is due to not enough power available at
>> the voltage setting in your BIOS so support the 4GB of memory sticks you
>> have installed it is not due to any known Vista software problems.
>>
>> "Luc Martinet" <martiNOnetl@hotmSPAMail.com> wrote in message
>>> Thyank you for you help. I will wait to see if there is an other way to
>>> solve that problem permanently. I don't want to have to unscrew my RAM
>>> everytime I want to format and reinstall Vista. But, for me, I fell
>>> really screwed by Microsoft...

Luc Martinet

Re: Blue Screen at the Installation on Vista 64 bits
Ok. Thank you. You were right. I put back my old RAM memory sticks and it
works. I will do as you said and post a new message.

Thank you very much, Curious!

discussion : uibnIP5mJHA.5028@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...