Software install after Imaging and during Sysprep.

Lurchi

Software install after Imaging and during Sysprep.

I am trying to find a way to install software without using scripts
after installing Vista (and yes we have XP Pro as well) from and image
either during or after Sysprep has run. Basically I would love to find a
piece of software that would run that would allow me to choose what
software I want to install. Like a "Check off" GUI. Since we have so
many different departments and so many sub departments, some user within
the same department may have different software they use. To make an
image for each would mean I would have potentially a dozen images for
each department. I could setup scrtipts within containers in Active
Directory but even then that would take time to then have to move the
machines to each container or write independent scripts for each of the
users that are not like the rest. I was hoping there was something out
there that would run that would allow me to select software(s) from a
list or drop down box that would then install. I even have software that
has to be installed differently per department but its easy enough to
change the auto installer to accomadate the installs. Any ideas or
suggestions to help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Lurchi
Adam Leinss

Re: Software install after Imaging and during Sysprep.
Lurchi <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in

> I am trying to find a way to install software without using scripts
> after installing Vista (and yes we have XP Pro as well) from and image
> either during or after Sysprep has run. Basically I would love to find a
> piece of software that would run that would allow me to choose what
> software I want to install. Like a "Check off" GUI. Since we have so
> many different departments and so many sub departments, some user within
> the same department may have different software they use. To make an
> image for each would mean I would have potentially a dozen images for
> each department. I could setup scrtipts within containers in Active
> Directory but even then that would take time to then have to move the
> machines to each container or write independent scripts for each of the
> users that are not like the rest. I was hoping there was something out
> there that would run that would allow me to select software(s) from a
> list or drop down box that would then install. I even have software that
> has to be installed differently per department but its easy enough to
> change the auto installer to accomadate the installs. Any ideas or
> suggestions to help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if this works in Vista, but I use to use this in XP:

Windows Post Installation (WPI):

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showforum=93