VISTA OEM Install help needed

ymi7

VISTA OEM Install help needed

Hello,

I have hp laptop with Vista Home Premium (OEM) installed.

I've made Recovery Disks using the Recover Manager.

I wish to have a clean install of Vista instead of using the Recovery
Disks.

I've read previous threads but I have to say I am only getting more
confused.

My question is:

- Can I perform clean install of my Vista OEM?

If yes:
- Can I use any copy of Vista OEM cd and use the Product Key sticked
behind my laptop?
- I will have to make a copy of all drivers BEFORE performing clean
install, yes?
- I will have to booth the Vista OEM cd in Windows Vista, instead of
boot when restart, yes?
- Will I have to phone Microsoft in order to activate the clean
install?

If no:
- If I use Recovery Disks, wont that mean I will still have whatever
problem I have in the first place? (considering I already have problem
the first time I switched on the laptop!)

Thank you guys in advance

--
ymi7
brummyfan

Re: VISTA OEM Install help needed

If it is under warranty period,return it to the store and get a
replacement.

--
brummyfan
ymi7

Re: VISTA OEM Install help needed

Thank you for the reply brummy, but any suggestion / answer to my
questions? Thanks

--
ymi7
brummyfan

Re: VISTA OEM Install help needed

I hope this tutorial might be of help to you, it explains different
scenarios.
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html

--
brummyfan
peter

Re: VISTA OEM Install help needed
If you made the recovery disks when you FIRST turned your system on after
purchase you have a
"clean" install when you use them.
Read your manual chances are you have a "Recovery Partition" that is
activated by a series of Keyboard
Buttons upon boot...this will also give you a clean install

BUT. .if you had problems from the time you 1st used the machine it is
better to get the Warranty to fix it

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

"ymi7" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Thank you for the reply brummy, but any suggestion / answer to my
> questions? Thanks
>

> --
> ymi7

DL

Re: VISTA OEM Install help needed
If you use your recovery disk, the destructive recovery, it will be a clean
install, to factory supplied condition.
But thereagain you may mean how to reinstall without all the 'free' junk
that came with your sys, and that is a different Q

"brummyfan" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I hope this tutorial might be of help to you, it explains different
> scenarios.
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html
>

> --
> brummyfan

mpcrsc562

Re: VISTA OEM Install help needed

as the one of the previous posts stated, if you choose the destructive
restore option, your computer will be restored to factory condition. a
question for you, though: what kind of problems are you having? have you
tried the system restore option from within windows? another of the
if yours does not, and if you know some one who purchased a retail
version of windows you have, you could use his or her disk repair your
config.

--
mpcrsc562
semoi

Re: VISTA OEM Install help needed
If you have the OEM serial number for the version of windows that came on
your machine you can install it using that serial number and it should
activate without problems. The OEM serial number is tied to the components
on your machine. If it does not activate then calling the Indians that hold
jobs that used to be held by Americans whose jobs were farmed out by
Microsoft will give you a new activation key under most circumstances.

ymi7

Re: VISTA OEM Install help needed

Thank you all for replying.

I've posted my problem in different thread
http://www.vistax64.com/system-secur...ac-issues.html
:

"I have problems with UAC account setting:
- I can only disable UAC account via msconfig.
- If using Control Panel, I am not able to click any link that has the
shield logo beside it. The window will appear and simply dissappear
seconds after.

By using the standard Administrator setting (not the true Administrator
access):
- I cannot perform Windows Update. Error 8007005
- I cannot log-in to Windows Messenger. Same error message
- I can connect to my wireless router, but the icon is showing as 'not
connected'
- So far i found out that i cannot change the sound and mouse setting
- I cannot uninstall program
- i cannot change my anti-virus setting"

Too bad I cannot get a hand on a cd copy of OEM vista to do a proper
clean install instead of restore my laptop to factory condition using HP
Recovery Manager, I guess I'll have to be content with uninstalling the
junks one by one.

--
ymi7
ymi7

Re: VISTA OEM Install help needed

Would like to add further:
- My System restore only trace back to certain points
- Preferably I wish to do a proper clean install where no junks will be
installed but if i understand it correctly, being OEM version make the
option very very limited and difficult.
- I'll be content to set the laptop to original factory condition. And
yes, i do have the Recovery Partition.

Question is:
- What is the difference performing the Reset to Factory condition
within Vista (using HP Recovery Manager) and booting up using the
Recovery Disks that I have created? I've searched HP Forum but Im not
getting the exact information needed.

Appreciate your guide.

Thanks

--