DVD needed to boot Vista

Corsair2115

DVD needed to boot Vista

Hello everyone! I've just re-installed my os to Vista Business. I
origionally had Ultimate, but I didnt need all the features for gaming
and editing videos and after a while my computer got really slow and the
registry cleaners just didn't do it. I just ran a clean install and now
every time I boot up, I get the blue screen of death, unless I leave my
origional Vista dvd in the drive. I've done a lot of research but
haven't found anything on the topic. I have run all of the start-up
repair features and i've gotten nothing back at all. This problem just
gets really anoying considering I only have one drive and I have to keep
putting the disk back in to start up again. Any information would be
GREAT!!!

Long story short- I need to have my disk in the drive to boot up.

--
Corsair2115
andy

Re: DVD needed to boot Vista
On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:00:06 -0600, Corsair2115
<guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Hello everyone! I've just re-installed my os to Vista Business. I
>origionally had Ultimate, but I didnt need all the features for gaming
>and editing videos and after a while my computer got really slow and the
>registry cleaners just didn't do it. I just ran a clean install and now
>every time I boot up, I get the blue screen of death, unless I leave my
>origional Vista dvd in the drive. I've done a lot of research but
>haven't found anything on the topic. I have run all of the start-up
>repair features and i've gotten nothing back at all. This problem just
>gets really anoying considering I only have one drive and I have to keep
>putting the disk back in to start up again. Any information would be
>GREAT!!!
>
>Long story short- I need to have my disk in the drive to boot up.

BSOD refers to a running Windows OS that crashes, resulting in a blue
screen describing the problem. Since you can't boot to Windows without
the Vista DVD in the optical drive, check the BIOS boot sequence to
make sure the hard drive is in the sequence.
Corsair2115

Re: DVD needed to boot Vista

It's in there. Right now I have it set to...
1. Hard Drive
2. Cd-ROM
3. Removable
4. Other

I've tried everything and i've done eight clean installs to date, all
with seperate options to try and decode the problem. No clue so far. It
wasn't always like this.

--
Corsair2115
Curious

Re: DVD needed to boot Vista
32 bit business or 64 bit vista? If 64 bit what CPU chip do you have?
How much memory? If 4GB have you tried with only 2GB installed?

"Corsair2115" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> It's in there. Right now I have it set to...
> 1. Hard Drive
> 2. Cd-ROM
> 3. Removable
> 4. Other
>
> I've tried everything and i've done eight clean installs to date, all
> with seperate options to try and decode the problem. No clue so far. It
> wasn't always like this.
>

> --
> Corsair2115

andy

Re: DVD needed to boot Vista
On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 19:06:23 -0600, Corsair2115
<guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>It's in there. Right now I have it set to...
>1. Hard Drive
>2. Cd-ROM
>3. Removable
>4. Other
>
>I've tried everything and i've done eight clean installs to date, all
>with seperate options to try and decode the problem. No clue so far. It
>wasn't always like this.

Do you have more than one hard drive? Check the order of the drives in
Hard Disk Boot Priority or Hard Disk Drives bios setting.