Vista install hardrive problem

ghostops121

Vista install hardrive problem

Hello, first post here
Any help will be appreciated

I had recent problems with my computer, so I was forced to do a full
re-install of vista. I rebooted my computer, booted up the vista home
premium x64 cd, and when I got to the screen where I had to choose a
hard drive to install vista on, I ran into a problem. First, I tried to
format the drive, wanting a clean restart, and got an error saying vista
could not format the partition on disk 0( I have 1 hardrive with no
partitions) The drive was cleared though, it updated the screen saying
that it had 1000gb/1000gb free. I figured all was well. So I continued
and tried to install vista and got an error saying that "Windows could
not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the
partition slected for installation". Setup then immediatly stopped. I
tired forming new partitions, deleting the partitions, but nothing
helped. I tried the load drivers option at the hardrive select screen
and tried every disc that came with my computer, but it kept saying it
cant find the driver. I read on the microsoft website that I might need
to provide the correct drivers for the hard disk controller. But I cant
find it. I have a hitachi Ultrastar A7K1000 *SATA* hardrive model no
HUA721010KLA330. I checked their website and it says they are not
offering drivers anymore. I now have a completely empty hardrive and I
cant install vista. I checked elsewhere I cant find any help.

Whoever can help me will be my savior.
Thanks
''
(http://www.hitachigst.com/portal/sit...bad24eac4f0a0/)

--
ghostops121
philo

Re: Vista install hardrive problem

"ghostops121" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hello, first post here
> Any help will be appreciated
>
> I had recent problems with my computer, so I was forced to do a full
> re-install of vista. I rebooted my computer, booted up the vista home
> premium x64 cd, and when I got to the screen where I had to choose a
> hard drive to install vista on, I ran into a problem. First, I tried to
> format the drive, wanting a clean restart, and got an error saying vista
> could not format the partition on disk 0( I have 1 hardrive with no
> partitions) The drive was cleared though, it updated the screen saying
> that it had 1000gb/1000gb free. I figured all was well. So I continued
> and tried to install vista and got an error saying that "Windows could
> not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the
> partition slected for installation". Setup then immediatly stopped. I
> tired forming new partitions, deleting the partitions, but nothing
> helped. I tried the load drivers option at the hardrive select screen
> and tried every disc that came with my computer, but it kept saying it
> cant find the driver. I read on the microsoft website that I might need
> to provide the correct drivers for the hard disk controller. But I cant
> find it. I have a hitachi Ultrastar A7K1000 *SATA* hardrive model no
> HUA721010KLA330. I checked their website and it says they are not
> offering drivers anymore. I now have a completely empty hardrive and I
> cant install vista. I checked elsewhere I cant find any help.

If you would have needed drives and did not install them...
the installer would not have seen the drive at all.
But since the installer "sees" the drive but cannot format it...the drive
itself may be defective.

You should go to the website of the HD's mfg and get their diagnostic

ghostops121

Re: Vista install hardrive problem

Tried it. It did not work.

--
ghostops121
Curious

Re: Vista install hardrive problem
It would certainly help us to to help you if you included all posts in any
thread you are responding to since many of us who provide volunteer support
often delete threads.
And therefore I have absolutely no idea what you problem is or what
solution that you tried that did not work.

> Tried it. It did not work.
>

> --
> ghostops121

ghostops121

ghostops121;978719 Wrote:
> Hello, first post here
> Any help will be appreciated
>
> I had recent problems with my computer, so I was forced to do a full
> re-install of vista. I rebooted my computer, booted up the vista home
> premium x64 cd, and when I got to the screen where I had to choose a
> hard drive to install vista on, I ran into a problem. First, I tried to
> format the drive, wanting a clean restart, and got an error saying vista
> could not format the partition on disk 0( I have 1 hardrive with no
> partitions) The drive was cleared though, it updated the screen saying
> that it had 1000gb/1000gb free. I figured all was well. So I continued
> and tried to install vista and got an error saying that "Windows could
> not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the
> partition slected for installation". Setup then immediatly stopped. I
> tired forming new partitions, deleting the partitions, but nothing
> helped. I tried the load drivers option at the hardrive select screen
> and tried every disc that came with my computer, but it kept saying it
> cant find the driver. I read on the microsoft website that I might need
> to provide the correct drivers for the hard disk controller. But I cant
> find it. I have a hitachi Ultrastar A7K1000 *SATA* hardrive model no
> HUA721010KLA330. I checked their website and it says they are not
> offering drivers anymore. I now have a completely empty hardrive and I
> cant install vista. I checked elsewhere I cant find any help.
>
> Whoever can help me will be my savior.
> Thanks

Sorry, my bad. Here is the original post.

--
ghostops121
The C.

Re: Vista install hardrive problem
You have to forgive "Curious" for he is not very bright! Your original post
was on the new group the whole time. I would just replace the drive the with
a new one.
--
Computer/Software Novice

"And In The End... The Love You Take, Is Equal To The Love You Make"

"ghostops121" wrote:

> ghostops121;978719 Wrote:
> > Hello, first post here
> > Any help will be appreciated
> >
> > I had recent problems with my computer, so I was forced to do a full
> > re-install of vista. I rebooted my computer, booted up the vista home
> > premium x64 cd, and when I got to the screen where I had to choose a
> > hard drive to install vista on, I ran into a problem. First, I tried to
> > format the drive, wanting a clean restart, and got an error saying vista
> > could not format the partition on disk 0( I have 1 hardrive with no
> > partitions) The drive was cleared though, it updated the screen saying
> > that it had 1000gb/1000gb free. I figured all was well. So I continued
> > and tried to install vista and got an error saying that "Windows could
> > not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the
> > partition slected for installation". Setup then immediatly stopped. I
> > tired forming new partitions, deleting the partitions, but nothing
> > helped. I tried the load drivers option at the hardrive select screen
> > and tried every disc that came with my computer, but it kept saying it
> > cant find the driver. I read on the microsoft website that I might need
> > to provide the correct drivers for the hard disk controller. But I cant
> > find it. I have a hitachi Ultrastar A7K1000 *SATA* hardrive model no
> > HUA721010KLA330. I checked their website and it says they are not
> > offering drivers anymore. I now have a completely empty hardrive and I
> > cant install vista. I checked elsewhere I cant find any help.
> >
> > Whoever can help me will be my savior.
> > Thanks
> >

> Sorry, my bad. Here is the original post.
>

> --
> ghostops121

DL

Re: Vista install hardrive problem
To repeat;
Did you go to the hd manufactures web site & download/create their bootable
disk checking utility?
If so what was the result? 'doesnt work' / 'tried it' says nothing

> ghostops121;978719 Wrote:
>> Hello, first post here
>> Any help will be appreciated
>>
>> I had recent problems with my computer, so I was forced to do a full
>> re-install of vista. I rebooted my computer, booted up the vista home
>> premium x64 cd, and when I got to the screen where I had to choose a
>> hard drive to install vista on, I ran into a problem. First, I tried to
>> format the drive, wanting a clean restart, and got an error saying vista
>> could not format the partition on disk 0( I have 1 hardrive with no
>> partitions) The drive was cleared though, it updated the screen saying
>> that it had 1000gb/1000gb free. I figured all was well. So I continued
>> and tried to install vista and got an error saying that "Windows could
>> not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the
>> partition slected for installation". Setup then immediatly stopped. I
>> tired forming new partitions, deleting the partitions, but nothing
>> helped. I tried the load drivers option at the hardrive select screen
>> and tried every disc that came with my computer, but it kept saying it
>> cant find the driver. I read on the microsoft website that I might need
>> to provide the correct drivers for the hard disk controller. But I cant
>> find it. I have a hitachi Ultrastar A7K1000 *SATA* hardrive model no
>> HUA721010KLA330. I checked their website and it says they are not
>> offering drivers anymore. I now have a completely empty hardrive and I
>> cant install vista. I checked elsewhere I cant find any help.
>>
>> Whoever can help me will be my savior.
>> Thanks
>>

> Sorry, my bad. Here is the original post.
>

> --
> ghostops121

Curious

Re: Vista install hard rive problem
In order to conserve on disk capacity I do not save all posts on all threads
on all of the newsgroups that I support and often see in a response that I
may be able to help so it is important that responders do not delete the
previous contents of threads
I have no idea why this behavior of mine implies that I am not very bright.

Before the OP replaces the drive it would make sense to find out if when he
re partitioned the drive if he created an active partition for the
installation from his Installation DVD and if the same partition was the
primary partition for booting in his BIOS/