Windows vista mail

Carolyn

Windows vista mail
what is the set up for both the pop3 and the smpt

Mick Murphy

RE: Windows vista mail
It depends on who your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is.

That is what is after the @ in your email address(it is also the same as you
username@xxxxx.com for your Internet connection).

Go to their website, and find out what is their Incoming and Outgoing Mail
servers are.
--
Mad Mike

"Carolyn" wrote:

> what is the set up for both the pop3 and the smpt

Cody Jarrett

Re: Windows vista mail
On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 23:44:00 -0800, Carolyn
<Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>what is the set up for both the pop3 and the smpt

Is there a prize for the person who successfully guesses what your
Internet Service Provider is?

Sheesh.
DL

Re: Windows vista mail
Ask your ISP, or see their help pages

"Carolyn" <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsB62589F-B310-472C-A1C5-F74747BA7FDE@microsoft.com...
> what is the set up for both the pop3 and the smpt

PvdG42

Re: Windows vista mail

"Carolyn" <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsB62589F-B310-472C-A1C5-F74747BA7FDE@microsoft.com...
> what is the set up for both the pop3 and the smpt

Your ISP will have to provide you with the necessary settings. The
configuration process is almost identical to that for Outlook Express, but
check with your ISP for the correct POP3 and SMTP settings and see if they
provide a step-by-step setup (many do).

Saucy

Re: Windows vista mail
"Carolyn" <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsB62589F-B310-472C-A1C5-F74747BA7FDE@microsoft.com...
> what is the set up for both the pop3 and the smpt

Ask the company that provides your Internet Service Provider i.e. the
company that hooks you up to the Internet .. or if this is for work ask your
supervisor what to do to get email.

Saucy

John Barnett MVP

Re: Windows vista mail
Carolyn, you need to approach your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for these
details. You should be able to find them on their help pages; try looking
for setting up email with outlook express. If your ISP has updated their
help pages you may even be able to find how to setup email with Windows
Mail. It doesn't matter whether you find Outlook Express or Windows Mail the
procedure for POP/SMTP is exactly the same.

This link from my website will give you some idea of how to setup the
account once you have the information you need:
http://www.winuser.co.uk/Guides/addi...dows_mail.html

John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://www.winuser.co.uk
Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

mail/post..

"Carolyn" <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsB62589F-B310-472C-A1C5-F74747BA7FDE@microsoft.com...
> what is the set up for both the pop3 and the smpt

mac

Re: Windows vista mail

"Cody Jarrett" <artcody@jarrett.invalid> wrote in message
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 23:44:00 -0800, Carolyn
> <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>what is the set up for both the pop3 and the smpt

> Is there a prize for the person who successfully guesses what your
> Internet Service Provider is?
>
> Sheesh.

Can I put in a formal claim for the prize?

This post is typical of free Yahoo users in the US.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

Dave

Re: Windows vista mail
Don't think so...
In another (totally irrelevant) group, she was asking about sbcglobal (I
think)

--
Windows 7 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

" mac" <macknever@fsmail.net> wrote in message

> "Cody Jarrett" <artcody@jarrett.invalid> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 23:44:00 -0800, Carolyn
>> <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>>what is the set up for both the pop3 and the smpt

>> Is there a prize for the person who successfully guesses what your
>> Internet Service Provider is?
>>
>> Sheesh.

> Can I put in a formal claim for the prize?
>
> This post is typical of free Yahoo users in the US.
>

> --
> Regards Steve.
> MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
> http://www.getsafeonline.org/

Cody Jarrett

Re: Windows vista mail
On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:06:10 -0000, " mac" <macknever@fsmail.net>
wrote:

>"Cody Jarrett" <artcody@jarrett.invalid> wrote in message
>news:ufadq4lktjjb518me65bmqj0arjl3duqj5@4ax.com.. .
>> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 23:44:00 -0800, Carolyn
>> <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>>what is the set up for both the pop3 and the smpt

>> Is there a prize for the person who successfully guesses what your
>> Internet Service Provider is?
>>
>> Sheesh.

>Can I put in a formal claim for the prize?
>
>This post is typical of free Yahoo users in the US.

"Yahoo" is an apt description! <g>