Office 2003 EULA on Vista HP

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgSGlsbGllcg==?=

Office 2003 EULA on Vista HP
I have just installed Office 2003 SBE on Vista Home Premium.
I have activated the product OK.
When I run a program I am asked to accept the EULA, which I am used to in
Office under XP. Howwever I have to do this EVERY time I open an office
product (with the exception of Publisher). I have looked carefully at the
EULA for tick boxes etc but have found none.
I am perplexed and my customer is p..d off.
Steve
Rock

Re: Office 2003 EULA on Vista HP
"Steve Hillier" <SteveHillier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>I have just installed Office 2003 SBE on Vista Home Premium.
> I have activated the product OK.
> When I run a program I am asked to accept the EULA, which I am used to in
> Office under XP. Howwever I have to do this EVERY time I open an office
> product (with the exception of Publisher). I have looked carefully at the
> EULA for tick boxes etc but have found none.
> I am perplexed and my customer is p..d off.

I suggest you post to an Office newsgroup such as
microsoft.public.office.setup

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Office 2003 EULA on Vista HP
Steve,

Run the office program once as Administrator (Right-click the application shortcut and choose "Run as Administrator", and then accept the EULA).

If that does not help, read this KB:

You must accept the Office End User License Agreement every time that you start an Office program:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884202

--
Regards,

"Steve Hillier" <SteveHillier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88B86332-ABEB-4B08-B400-470177A75642@microsoft.com...
I have just installed Office 2003 SBE on Vista Home Premium.
I have activated the product OK.
When I run a program I am asked to accept the EULA, which I am used to in
Office under XP. Howwever I have to do this EVERY time I open an office
product (with the exception of Publisher). I have looked carefully at the
EULA for tick boxes etc but have found none.
I am perplexed and my customer is p..d off.
Steve
=?Utf-8?B?SEFD?=

RE: Office 2003 EULA on Vista HP
IF you force shut down (ie turn it off at the switch on the machine) when it
starts up againyou will have th option of going into Safe Mode. Once you are
in safe more open the aplicationadn accept the EULA. Shut down the correct
way (not restart) waita minute and turn it on again and the EULA should stop
appearing. This is easy for those of us who are afraid of venturing too far
into the working sof the system
yay!

"Steve Hillier" wrote:

> I have just installed Office 2003 SBE on Vista Home Premium.
> I have activated the product OK.
> When I run a program I am asked to accept the EULA, which I am used to in
> Office under XP. Howwever I have to do this EVERY time I open an office
> product (with the exception of Publisher). I have looked carefully at the
> EULA for tick boxes etc but have found none.
> I am perplexed and my customer is p..d off.
> Steve

DevilsPGD

Re: Office 2003 EULA on Vista HP
In message <B214F5FC-7C3B-4FAE-A6A1-F451CA737610@microsoft.com> HAC
<HAC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>IF you force shut down (ie turn it off at the switch on the machine) when it
>starts up againyou will have th option of going into Safe Mode. Once you are
>in safe more open the aplicationadn accept the EULA. Shut down the correct
>way (not restart) waita minute and turn it on again and the EULA should stop
>appearing. This is easy for those of us who are afraid of venturing too far
>into the working sof the system
>yay!

What horrible advice.

First off, if you want safe-mode, F8 during the bootup is the way to go,
don't just power off.

Second, the fix here is simply to run the Office 2003 app using the "Run
as Administrator" option once, this will let Office remember that you
accepted the EULA.

--
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.