Can't boot from Vista media

dayton5959

Can't boot from Vista media

I am trying to repair the CHKDSK on my Vista Home Basic and I put the
Installation disc in and nothing happens,what I mean by that, is it
doesn't show that it is starting to go to the screen I'm looking for
(not sure what to look for) but I'm sure it just goes to the Google Home
Page like always. I'm trying to repair my DSKCHK in WinRE. A woman from
Miicrosoft sent me a paper telling how to do it,but not what to do if it
never came up. As usual I probably have something set wrong,anyone know
what I need to do to get to WinRE from the Installation media?? Its
supposed to go to DVD-Rom thing but it doesn't. Maybe somebody can help
me figure it out.
Thank-you in advance I feel really ashamed to be so inexperienced at
this!

--
dayton5959
SIW2

Re: Can't boot from Vista media

Hi dayton,

See if this is of use - how to boot from cd/dvdrom drive :

'How to Set BIOS to Boot from CDROM - www.hiren.info'
(http://www.hiren.info/pages/bios-boot-cdrom)

Hope it helps

SIW2

--
SIW2
SIW2

Re: Can't boot from Vista media

Hi dayton,

You may find you have the option of a pop-up boot menu - watch the
black screen with white writing when you start the machine - may say
something like:

F2 for setup
F11 for boot menu ( your F numbers may be different)

Press the one for boot menu - when it pops up, arrow to cdrom drive ,
put dvd in press Enter. It will ask you to press any key to boot from
cdrom - press Enter again.

If you don't get that option , see this

--
SIW2
dayton5959

Re: Can't boot from Vista media

Thank you it just hit me its really not that scarey,youhelped me a whole
lot thank-you very much

--
dayton5959
SIW2

Re: Can't boot from Vista media

Hi dayton,

You're welcome.

No one is sure about anything the first time they try it.

SIW2

--
SIW2
dayton5959

Re: Can't boot from Vista media

I managed to do this OK,it all turned out well,I had 0 bad
sectors,whatever that means,I guess thats good,right?OK thanks again

--
dayton5959
SIW2

Re: Can't boot from Vista media

Hi dayton,

You have posted on a News Group - it is important to click the quote
button at the bottom of the post you are replying to first, and then
type your reply.

See the note at the top of this thread page for why that is so.

If you wish to post on the Forum, post in the top half of the page
under the heading Vista Forums - the bottom half is for posting on the
News Group.

'Vista Forums' (http://www.vistax64.com/#vista-forums)

It's good there were no errors. Not sure why you were trying to run it
that way - you can schedule it from within Windows to run at the next
startup.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67...dsk.html?ltr=C

Hope it helps

SIW2

--
SIW2
Mike Torello

SIW2 <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Hi dayton,
>
>You have posted on a News Group - it is important to click the quote
>button at the bottom of the post you are replying to first, and then
>type your reply.

Be patient. Remember how long it took you to catch on to similar
suggestions! <g>
dayton5959

dayton5959;976474 Wrote:
> I managed to do this OK,it all turned out well,I had 0 bad
> sectors,whatever that means,I guess thats good,right?OK thanks again You asked why I ran DSKCHK this way(through the Installation Media) is

because I couldn't get the darn thing to run any other way,I'm still
learning how to do this !! Thanks anyway,I couldn't get it through my
head you had to press the quote button first!!

--
dayton5959