Bart's PE and MULTI-BOOT DVD of editios of Vista

Mazzaroc

Bart's PE and MULTI-BOOT DVD of editios of Vista
HI

Since I'm creating a custom DVD of Vista Ultimate SP1 64-bit Retail (4
editions included in the DVD) and having read that you can initiate a
custom installation of Vista with the command "setup.exe /unattend:
<Unattend file>" I thought about using Bart's PE or similar programs
so that when the Vista DVD to boot, you just see a menu where you can
choose which custom edition install. How do I do this?

THANKS

BYE
Oldfart

Re: Bart's PE and MULTI-BOOT DVD of editios of Vista

Mazzaroc wrote:
> HI
>
> Since I'm creating a custom DVD of Vista Ultimate SP1 64-bit Retail (4
> editions included in the DVD) and having read that you can initiate a
> custom installation of Vista with the command "setup.exe /unattend:
> <Unattend file>" I thought about using Bart's PE or similar programs
> so that when the Vista DVD to boot, you just see a menu where you can
> choose which custom edition install. How do I do this?
>
> THANKS
>
> BYE

I might be wrong, but I think you are on the wrong track here.
To the best of my knowledge there is only one complete edition on the
DVD. When you select which version to install, that selection determines
which features and programs are installed on the computer. There is
*not* four separate editions on the DVD.
AJR

Re: Bart's PE and MULTI-BOOT DVD of editions of Vista
Forget it! - The version (edition) of Vista installed is dependent on the
product key - use of "unattend" requires use of an "answer" file which must
include the product key.

Ian D

"Mazzaroc" <mazzaroc@gmail.com> wrote in message
> HI
>
> Since I'm creating a custom DVD of Vista Ultimate SP1 64-bit Retail (4
> editions included in the DVD) and having read that you can initiate a
> custom installation of Vista with the command "setup.exe /unattend:
> <Unattend file>" I thought about using Bart's PE or similar programs
> so that when the Vista DVD to boot, you just see a menu where you can
> choose which custom edition install. How do I do this?
>
> THANKS
>
> BYE

There is only one image on the DVD, which is copied to your HD,
then features are removed during the installation process to match
the purchased version. For Ultimate, all features are left intact.
There are two ways to select the version. Entering the product key
will cause the matching Vista version to be installed. If you do not
enter a product key, you will be presented with a list of all versions
and must select the one to be installed. Then you have to tick a
box to verify that your selection is the version you bought.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

"AJR" <ajrjdr@omcast.net> wrote in message
> Forget it! - The version (edition) of Vista installed is dependent on
> the product key - use of "unattend" requires use of an "answer" file
> which must include the product key.

The answer file does not have to include a product key, but if it is
omitted it will stop and ask for one, which kind of defeats the purpose
of using an unattended install method.

--
Zaphod

"The best Bang since the Big One" - Eccentrica Gallumbits