Duel Boot Windows Vista home premium installed 1st and windows XP

ashishdeshpande

Duel Boot Windows Vista home premium installed 1st and windows XP

hi

I have purchased New laptop Toshiba M600 , i got default windows Vista
home premiun installed on laptop . On 120 GB hard disk i have created
another partision to install windows XP . XP installed successfully but
, after installation when i started my lapton default XP is booting ,
there is no option to select operating system

Please suggest
Thanks in advance

Ashish Deshpande

--
ashishdeshpande
philo

Re: Duel Boot Windows Vista home premium installed 1st and windows XP

"ashishdeshpande" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> hi
>
> I have purchased New laptop Toshiba M600 , i got default windows Vista
> home premiun installed on laptop . On 120 GB hard disk i have created
> another partision to install windows XP . XP installed successfully but
> , after installation when i started my lapton default XP is booting ,
> there is no option to select operating system
>
> Please suggest
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ashish Deshpande

You need to boot from your Vista DVD and repair the bootloader.

If you did not get a DVD with your machine and have a recovery partition...
there is also a repair option...consult the manual as the key you hit varies
between mfg's

John Barnett MVP

Re: Duel Boot Windows Vista home premium installed 1st and windows XP
When you installed XP you over-wrote the Vista bootloader, hence the PC only
booting to XP. See this link from my website for more information:
http://www.winuser.co.uk/windows_vis...g_vista.htm l

Pay particular attention to step 16.

John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://www.winuser.co.uk
Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

mail/post..

"ashishdeshpande" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> hi
>
> I have purchased New laptop Toshiba M600 , i got default windows Vista
> home premiun installed on laptop . On 120 GB hard disk i have created
> another partision to install windows XP . XP installed successfully but
> , after installation when i started my lapton default XP is booting ,
> there is no option to select operating system
>
> Please suggest
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ashish Deshpande
>

> --
> ashishdeshpande

Mick Murphy

RE: Duel Boot Windows Vista home premium installed 1st and windows XP
http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/window...disc-download/

If you did not get a Vista DVD with your computer, download the above ISO
file and make a bootable disk to repair your Vista startup.
--
Mad Mike

"ashishdeshpande" wrote:

> hi
>
> I have purchased New laptop Toshiba M600 , i got default windows Vista
> home premiun installed on laptop . On 120 GB hard disk i have created
> another partision to install windows XP . XP installed successfully but
> , after installation when i started my lapton default XP is booting ,
> there is no option to select operating system
>
> Please suggest
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ashish Deshpande
>

> --
> ashishdeshpande

Bruce Chambers

ashishdeshpande wrote:
> hi
>
> I have purchased New laptop Toshiba M600 , i got default windows Vista
> home premiun installed on laptop . On 120 GB hard disk i have created
> another partision to install windows XP . XP installed successfully but
> , after installation when i started my lapton default XP is booting ,
> there is no option to select operating system
>
> Please suggest
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ashish Deshpande

Normally, the older OS must be installed first unless you wish to
acquire and use some 3rd-party partition and boot management utility.
(In which case you have to follow the instructions provided by whatever
3rd party solution you select.) However, this KB Article (not for the
faint of heart or technically-challenged) explains how to repair the
Vista boot process after installing WinXP:

Windows Vista no longer starts after you install an earlier version of
the Windows operating system in a dual-boot configuration
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919529

MS-MVP John Barnett's Guide is considerably more user-friendly:
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/install...ning_vista.htm

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: