how to extract windows vista ultimate

JaronDaWiz

how to extract windows vista ultimate
hey. can somebody help me in extracting my copy of windows vista ultimate? don't worry. it was a legit download. i've tried extracting it several times, and i still can't get it right. aren't you supposed to extract it to get the .iso image? i have no idea as to what i'm doing. i have winrar, and even that hasn't made things easier. somebody please help me. thanks.

railfrog

Re: how to extract windows vista ultimate

JaronDaWiz;973673 Wrote:
> hey. can somebody help me in extracting my copy of windows vista
> ultimate? don't worry. it was a legit download. i've tried extracting it
> several times, and i still can't get it right. aren't you supposed to
> extract it to get the .iso image? i have no idea as to what i'm doing. i
> have winrar, and even that hasn't made things easier. somebody please
> help me. thanks.
>

> Post Originated from 'Windows Vista Forum' (http://www.VistaForums.com)
> Vista Support Forums

If you downloaded the file as an .ISO image file, then you will need to
burn that "image" to disc.
'The Official ImgBurn Website'
(http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download)
Get the free program from the above link, unless you have an image
burner that is, then burn the .ISO to disc. Will need to go on a DVD as
its a big program.

--
railfrog
Mick Murphy

RE: how to extract windows vista ultimate
Contact where you obtained it from!!!!!
--
Mad Mike

"JaronDaWiz" wrote:

> hey. can somebody help me in extracting my copy of windows vista ultimate? don't worry. it was a legit download. i've tried extracting it several times, and i still can't get it right. aren't you supposed to extract it to get the .iso image? i have no idea as to what i'm doing. i have winrar, and even that hasn't made things easier. somebody please help me. thanks.
>

> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

JaronDaWiz

RE: how to extract windows vista ultimate
i never downloaded it as an .iso image. they're split rar archives. 14 split rar archives to be exact. and i'm trying to figure out how to extract those split rar archives to get the .iso image. and that's where my problem lies. i don't know how to extract the split rar archives to get the .iso image. is there a tutorial that can give me some help in extracting an .iso image from split rar archives by any chance?

Patrick Keenan

<JaronDaWiz> wrote in message
>i never downloaded it as an .iso image. they're split rar archives. 14
>split rar archives to be exact. and i'm trying to figure out how to extract
>those split rar archives to get the .iso image. and that's where my problem
>lies. i don't know how to extract the split rar archives to get the .iso
>image. is there a tutorial that can give me some help in extracting an .iso
>image from split rar archives by any chance?

You may need to combine the archives and then extract them, but it all
depends on what the person who did this intended.

So you need to ask *them*, since nobody else would know what was done.

HTH
-pk

> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

Mick Murphy

RE: how to extract windows vista ultimate
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...G=Search&meta=

There are a lot of google hits for solution to your problem on the 1st page
above.
You'll have to sift through them for your particular scenario.
--
Mad Mike

"JaronDaWiz" wrote:

> i never downloaded it as an .iso image. they're split rar archives. 14 split rar archives to be exact. and i'm trying to figure out how to extract those split rar archives to get the .iso image. and that's where my problem lies. i don't know how to extract the split rar archives to get the .iso image. is there a tutorial that can give me some help in extracting an .iso image from split rar archives by any chance?
>

> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

Richard Urban

Re: how to extract windows vista ultimate
If the download was legit, as you so state, the download would not be in 14
split archives. It would be in 1 large .iso file from Microsoft. Now, where
did you say you got this download from? Why don't you post the download link
so we can go there and actually see what they are offering?

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"JaronDaWiz" wrote in message
>i never downloaded it as an .iso image. they're split rar archives. 14
>split rar archives to be exact. and i'm trying to figure out how to extract
>those split rar archives to get the .iso image. and that's where my problem
>lies. i don't know how to extract the split rar archives to get the .iso
>image. is there a tutorial that can give me some help in extracting an .iso
>image from split rar archives by any chance?
>

> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

RalfG

"JaronDaWiz" wrote in message news:#1dQQaHlJHA.6060@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> i never downloaded it as an .iso image. they're split rar archives. 14
> split rar archives to be exact. and i'm trying to figure out how to
> extract those split rar archives to get the .iso image. and that's where
> my problem lies. i don't know how to extract the split rar archives to get
> the .iso image. is there a tutorial that can give me some help in
> extracting an .iso image from split rar archives by any chance?
>

> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

Normally you would simply run unrar on the file with the .rar extension and
it automatically unpacks and combines the entire set of 14 archives.

Tom

Re: how to extract windows vista ultimate
My recent digital river ultimate purchase from MS was in like two files to
download one an exe and the other some other type niether was ISO image or a
RAR