Genuine Ultimate Activation Key Problem

ahjohnson

Genuine Ultimate Activation Key Problem

Hello,

My laptop came with vista basic and a few weeks ago i got the blue
screen of death problem and so i needed to repair.

the disc i have for my laptop is a windows vista anytime upgrade cd. i
had to reinstall vista again but the only version it would let me
install was vista ultimate.

my activation key underneath my laptop is therefore invalid.
when trying to activate windows it says insert the vista cd or find a
valid ultimate code.

is there anyway around this problem?

--
ahjohnson
Richard G. Harper

Re: Genuine Ultimate Activation Key Problem
Obtain a valid copy of Windows or set of restore media from your laptop
manufacturer.

"ahjohnson" <ahjohnson.3e43986@vistabanter.com> wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> My laptop came with vista basic and a few weeks ago i got the blue
> screen of death problem and so i needed to repair.
>
> the disc i have for my laptop is a windows vista anytime upgrade cd. i
> had to reinstall vista again but the only version it would let me
> install was vista ultimate.
>
> my activation key underneath my laptop is therefore invalid.
> when trying to activate windows it says insert the vista cd or find a
> valid ultimate code.
>
> is there anyway around this problem?
>

> --
> ahjohnson

Bruce Chambers

ahjohnson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My laptop came with vista basic and a few weeks ago i got the blue
> screen of death problem and so i needed to repair.
>
> the disc i have for my laptop is a windows vista anytime upgrade cd. i
> had to reinstall vista again but the only version it would let me
> install was vista ultimate.
>
> my activation key underneath my laptop is therefore invalid.
> when trying to activate windows it says insert the vista cd or find a
> valid ultimate code.
>
> is there anyway around this problem?

You need to follow the laptop manufacturer's Recovery instructions, as
provided in the manual that came with the laptop, rather than trying to
install a different version/edition.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: