Why won't Vista finish installing?

jal1989

Why won't Vista finish installing?

I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop and my hard drive recently died on
me. I got a new hard drive and installed it. I inserted the cd for my
Vista Home Premium 32 bit OS so I could reinstall Vista on the new hard
drive. Ran a clean install and got past the "installing updates" part of
the installation with no problems, so the computer restarts like it's
supposed to. The computer loads up and starts the "completing
installation" part of the Vista installation but the green status bar at
the bottom of the screen stops moving. I must've waited two hours the
first time before I gave up and tried again, and it doesn't look like
anything different is going to happen now. What could possibly be going
wrong here? It's my first time installing a new hard drive but I don't
think I could've damaged it because it worked throughout the first parts
of the install and the light on the computer continues to flicker and
show that the hard drive is working. I really appreciate any help
because I'm sick of dealing with all these problems, first my hard drive
dies out of nowhere and now this.

--
jal1989
jal1989

Re: Why won't Vista finish installing?

Please someone reply to this post. If you need more information about
the computer just ask and I will get it for you. I'll take any
explanation for what is going on because the more I look around the more
confused I get about what I should do. I just want to get my computer
working again. Give me something, anything.

--
jal1989
jal1989

Re: Why won't Vista finish installing?

I finally got my problem solved and Vista is installed on my computer
again. I want to thank DeHart for his post about Vista hanging during a
clean install. Once I did what he said I had no problems finishing the
installation. If anyone else is reading this and is having a similar
problem I suggest going to this address:

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-instal...n-install.html

Just want to say thanks again and hope I don't have any more problems
that make me have to come back here for a long time.

--
jal1989