How to install Vista with only USB Flashdrive?

Freelancer

How to install Vista with only USB Flashdrive?

Good day to everyone!

So.. How to install Vista from only usb flash? I have an a DVD CD Vista
Ultimate 64bit, but don't have a DVD reader. Can I just copy/paste
content of a DVD to flash drive and just start computer with changed
boot from flash? And what partition to use for that flash? Will it work
that way? I have access to only XP OS. Computer is new and there have
never been installed any OS before.

Thanks for any advice!

--
Freelancer
Dominic Payer

Re: How to install Vista with only USB Flashdrive?
See http://kurtsh.spaces.live.com/blog/c...38D!1665.entry

Freelancer wrote:
> Good day to everyone!
>
> So.. How to install Vista from only usb flash? I have an a DVD CD Vista
> Ultimate 64bit, but don't have a DVD reader. Can I just copy/paste
> content of a DVD to flash drive and just start computer with changed
> boot from flash? And what partition to use for that flash? Will it work
> that way? I have access to only XP OS. Computer is new and there have
> never been installed any OS before.
>
> Thanks for any advice!

Curious

Re: How to install Vista with only USB Flashdrive?
Are you sure the drive on your new computer is not a CD/DVD combo drive? I
don't think any manufacturer is still shipping systems with only a CD
optical drive.

"Dominic Payer" <dcp@dcp.fsv.co.uk> wrote in message
> See http://kurtsh.spaces.live.com/blog/c...38D!1665.entry
>
> Freelancer wrote:
>> Good day to everyone!
>>
>> So.. How to install Vista from only usb flash? I have an a DVD CD Vista
>> Ultimate 64bit, but don't have a DVD reader. Can I just copy/paste
>> content of a DVD to flash drive and just start computer with changed
>> boot from flash? And what partition to use for that flash? Will it work
>> that way? I have access to only XP OS. Computer is new and there have
>> never been installed any OS before.
>>
>> Thanks for any advice!

Brink

Freelancer;968392 Wrote:
> Good day to everyone!
>
> So.. How to install Vista from only usb flash? I have an a DVD CD Vista
> Ultimate 64bit, but don't have a DVD reader. Can I just copy/paste
> content of a DVD to flash drive and just start computer with changed
> boot from flash? And what partition to use for that flash? Will it work
> that way? I have access to only XP OS. Computer is new and there have
> never been installed any OS before.
>
> Thanks for any advice!

Hello Freelancer,

You could use the method in this tutorial to create a Vista
installation USB flash key. If you do not have anything currently
installed on your computer, then you can create it on a friends computer
that also is running a 64-bit Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/18...umb-drive.html

If you do not have another way, then you will need to install the OS
first on your computer to make the Vista installation USB flash key to
use for next time.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Freelancer

Brink;968588 Wrote:
> > Freelancer;968392 Wrote:
> > Good day to everyone!
> >
> > So.. How to install Vista from only usb flash? I have an a DVD CD Vista
> > Ultimate 64bit, but don't have a DVD reader. Can I just copy/paste
> > content of a DVD to flash drive and just start computer with changed
> > boot from flash? And what partition to use for that flash? Will it work
> > that way? I have access to only XP OS. Computer is new and there have
> > never been installed any OS before.
> >
> > Thanks for any advice!> >

> Hello Freelancer,
>
> You could use the method in this tutorial to create a Vista
> installation USB flash key. If you do not have anything currently
> installed on your computer, then you can create it on a friends
> computer that also is running a 64-bit Vista.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/18...umb-drive.html
>

> If you do not have another way, then you will need to install the OS
> first on your computer to make the Vista installation USB flash key to
> use for next time.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Shawn

Good day!

If this is the only way to do that, then it's really bad... That's
impossible for me to make bootable flash that way, only because that no
one uses Vista 64bit, only 32bit is available. Maybe I could try to make
bootable flash on 32bit, but install 64bit? I am lost almost 20 hours of
my life trying to install Vista on that comp.. I am starting to hate
that OS

Rudy.

--
Freelancer
Brink

Freelancer;968594 Wrote:
> > > Good day to everyone!
> > >
> > > So.. How to install Vista from only usb flash? I have an a DVD CD Vista
> > > Ultimate 64bit, but don't have a DVD reader. Can I just copy/paste
> > > content of a DVD to flash drive and just start computer with changed
> > > boot from flash? And what partition to use for that flash? Will it work
> > > that way? I have access to only XP OS. Computer is new and there have
> > > never been installed any OS before.
> > >
> > > Thanks for any advice!> > > >

> > Hello Freelancer,
> >
> > You could use the method in this tutorial to create a Vista
> > installation USB flash key. If you do not have anything currently
> > installed on your computer, then you can create it on a friends
> > computer that also is running a 64-bit Vista.
> >
> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/18...umb-drive.html
> >

> > If you do not have another way, then you will need to install the
> > OS first on your computer to make the Vista installation USB flash
> > key to use for next time.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > Shawn> >

> Good day!
>
> If this is the only way to do that, then it's really bad... That's
> impossible for me to make bootable flash that way, only because that
> no one uses Vista 64bit, only 32bit is available. Maybe I could try to
> make bootable flash on 32bit, but install 64bit? I am lost almost 20
> hours of my life trying to install Vista on that comp.. I am starting
> to hate that OS
>
> Rudy.

Rudy,

You can try to create a 64-bit USB on a 32-bit OS, but not many people
had luck doing so. Usually the currently installed OS will have to also
be 64-bit in your case to.

Since you will have to do a clean install anyway, you might as well go
ahead and install it from the DVD. This way you will have no problems
creating the installation USB flash key to use if you want to reinstall
with it in the future.

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Freelancer

Re: How to install Vista with only USB Flashdrive?

Thank You!

Thanks for help!

I am heading to shop then for a DVD reader then. An idea has born - I
will make FlashDrives for Vista 64bit booting and sell them, as they are
pretty hard to find in my area.

I appreciate your help,
Rudy.

--
Freelancer
Brink

Freelancer;968610 Wrote:
> Thank You!
>

> Thanks for help!
>
> I am heading to shop then for a DVD reader then. An idea has born - I
> will make FlashDrives for Vista 64bit booting and sell them, as they are
> pretty hard to find in my area.
>

> I appreciate your help,
> Rudy.

You're welcome Rudy.